Damage Bl**dy cyclist scratch my car - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 10:24 Thread Starter
CCC

Bl**dy cyclist scratch my car

I was travelling home this morning when a cyclist came straight out infront of me, he was on the pavement, it was dark and he had no lights and was wearing a hood! I clipped him but he never came off his bike. When I got home I noticed rubber and afew scratches across my lower bumper and body kit!

No matter how much care you take, there are always idiots out there. I managed to T-cut most of it out but had to touch up the scratches, I'm not happy. The little ***** just cycled off!

Last edited by HappyMan; 29th December 2009 at 10:38. Reason: Forum Rules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 10:59
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
Sorry to hear about the scratches but at least you got most of them out
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 11:32
The Property Man

Car: 2007 VW Beetle 1.6
yea..there are always one..or two...hope you get it sorted ok man..

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 13:58 Thread Starter
CCC
** Thread starter **

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4y View Post
yea..there are always one..or two...hope you get it sorted ok man..
Thanks. These kids must have more lifes than a cat, he just never stopped and looked before crossing, and then its the drivers fault!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 14:05
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Thanks. These kids must have more lifes than a cat, he just never stopped and looked before crossing, and then its the drivers fault!
Over here cyclists are maniacs as they have ridiculous 'right of way' laws that mean a cyclist can cycle across a side street without looking and even though a car driver can't see them coming as they approach a main road from a side street due to houses etc, it's still the drivers fault if they hit the cyclist from what i understand - crazy! They never look either and sometimes it's all rather hair-raising when approaching a main road.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 20:29
Supporter

Eco display
10 points for a cyclist, though you'd only get half as he didn't fall to the ground.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 21:04
Supporter

As a member, supporter of this forum and an 09 ctr owner, i also own a 2nd category british cycling road racing licence. And as i train up to 16hrs a week, most of which is on the road, i can assure you all that for every so called maniac cyclist on the road that there are five times that LUNATIC drivers. I am sorry that your car has suffered some minor damage, it is very annoying wether it is the third party's fault, be it a cyclist or another motorist. But if the driver is at fault and the accident involves a cyclist then the results are often fatal. A few scratches or a life?? Both of which with a bit of consideration from both partys can often be avoided.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 21:41 Thread Starter
CCC
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie.27 View Post
As a member, supporter of this forum and an 09 ctr owner, i also own a 2nd category british cycling road racing licence. And as i train up to 16hrs a week, most of which is on the road, i can assure you all that for every so called maniac cyclist on the road that there are five times that LUNATIC drivers. I am sorry that your car has suffered some minor damage, it is very annoying wether it is the third party's fault, be it a cyclist or another motorist. But if the driver is at fault and the accident involves a cyclist then the results are often fatal. A few scratches or a life?? Both of which with a bit of consideration from both partys can often be avoided.
I do agree in what you are saying, but it was dark this morning, he had no lights on his bike and was on riding on the pavement. The worst thing of all was that he was cycling with a hood on! Hopefully he's learnt a valuable lesson after today!

Last edited by CCC; 29th December 2009 at 21:43.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 21:54
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
I was travelling home this morning when a cyclist came straight out infront of me, he was on the pavement, it was dark and he had no lights and was wearing a hood! I clipped him but he never came off his bike. When I got home I noticed rubber and afew scratches across my lower bumper and body kit!

No matter how much care you take, there are always idiots out there. I managed to T-cut most of it out but had to touch up the scratches, I'm not happy. The little ***** just cycled off!

I`m guessing its just your angry head affecting your typing....but you put *he* was on the pavement... *you* should really have been on the road though and surely no collision...

<SMARTARSE> <RUNS AWAY>

Seriously how annoying is that.... i used to cycle 150 miles a week and was a bit of a loon, but grown up now and have a civic a Honda VTR1000 & a KTM 950 Supermoto.... ok maybe not grown up that much ...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 22:54

Car: 2009 CW CTR
Cyclists and cars do not mix well! Twice I have suffered damage to one of my cars due to idiot cyclists. They require zero qualifications, basically anyone capable of peddling can get on the highway with no outlay other than the bike, no road tax or insurance!

The first loon jumped a set of temporary traffic lights and switched to the pavement which was downhill in my direction, I was the final car in the row travelling uphill towards this bike which was now speeding down the pavement on my left.

I needed to turn left into a side road and at this moment was totally unaware of this madman a few hundred yards up steaming down the pavement, next thing I know as I a have my nose into the sideroad, indicator flashing, this dipstick has realised someone actually wants to turn into this little road which 'no-one' ever uses but is going so fast he can't stop! He and his cycle smack into my front wing, up onto the bonnet and there was this terrific moment where his face is squidged up against the windscreen and we are looking straight at each other....til he slides down and off my aforementioned bonnet.

I had to ask him where he came from, it felt like he had fallen from the sky! He reluctantly admitted what he had done, told me his huge butt dent would polish out (it obviously did not! 500 later....) and limped away pushing a buckled squeeky bicycle

The second one was a foreign farm worker from a local farm, pulled out from a garage forecourt straight into the side of my car, spun down the side inflicting a 2000 repair and then ran off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to go on, but I feel your pain!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 08:25 Thread Starter
CCC
** Thread starter **

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmh999 View Post
I`m guessing its just your angry head affecting your typing....but you put *he* was on the pavement... *you* should really have been on the road though and surely no collision...

<SMARTARSE> <RUNS AWAY>

Seriously how annoying is that.... i used to cycle 150 miles a week and was a bit of a loon, but grown up now and have a civic a Honda VTR1000 & a KTM 950 Supermoto.... ok maybe not grown up that much ...
Ha, Ha I meant that he was riding on the pavement before crossing the road in front of me! I have almost got run over by many cyclist in Cambridge, they are total nutters there, there are hundreds of them!

Luckily most of the damage buffed out with T-cut and was mostly rubber from the cyclist tyre, the wheel arch body kit got slightly scratched but I can live with that. I'm not sure what happened to the cyclist as he legged it, may he grow a third nipple as they say! I'm not one to be bitter, but I could of killed him and wouldn't like to live with that even if it was his fault! Its bad enough hitting a fox at 60 mph and running that over!

Last edited by CCC; 30th December 2009 at 08:28.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 20:44

I must admit, there are a lot of rubbish cyclists on the streets. I am a keen cyclist and cycle to work most of the year. If I had a penny for everytime another cyclist had pulled out in front of me, with out looking (whether I'm on a bike or in the car), I would be a bloody millionaire by now. And don't even get me started on pedestrians!!!! They're the worst of the lot!!!!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 21:04

Car: 59 Championship White
He / She on the bike was probably a Hoody-Chav and had nicked the bike any way, so he /she wouldn't give two hoot's if they damanged your car or Not.
Shame you didn't run him/her over, but then the get involved and lots of paper work.

Hope you get it sorted.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 21:18
R-2
geekess

Car: 2010 Mugen 200 Type R
Send a message via MSN to R-2
Sorry to hear your car got damaged CCC. Thankfully it was fairly easily rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee58 View Post
He / She on the bike was probably a Hoody-Chav and had nicked the bike any way, so he /she wouldn't give two hoot's if they damanged your car or Not.
Shame you didn't run him/her over, but then the get involved and lots of paper work.

Hope you get it sorted.
I love how people leap to massive conclusions. Because he was a careless cyclist he has suddenly become a hoody wearing chav, thief who deserves serious injury.

Often they are just children whos parents should ensure they are riding a bike with suitable lights or not at all when its dark.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 21:41

Car: 59 Championship White
So drive down here then and try telling that to my son who when he was 18 and ended up in hospital with a broken leg and a fractured skull. Why did he end up in hospital ? he was assaulted by 6 (SIX) Hoodies-Chav's all on Bikes. Why was he assaulted ? because they wanted his i-pod, and they were as I found out later all on DRUGS and Pissed.
Guess what ? they didn't get it. Why ? because a group of decent lads the same age as my son came to his rescue. Now geuss what they weren't dressed in ? yep your right Hoodies and like a Chav.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 21:47
R-2
geekess

But everyone that wears a hoody isnt a chav. And everyone who is a chav isnt a thief.
I could go on ad infinitum.

I am wearing a hoody right now as it happens.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th January 2010, 21:53
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Chav!!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11th January 2010, 15:01 Thread Starter
CCC
** Thread starter **

You are all wrong, they are Hooded, Chavs with a death wish!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11th January 2010, 22:14
R-2
geekess

Oh and some people believe that anyone who drives a Type R is a chav too.
Its seen as a real boy racer car.
Is this a correct assumption?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11th January 2010, 22:31

Car: 2009 CW CTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-2 View Post

I am wearing a hoody right now as it happens.
Thought as much

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page