2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Drivers door lock actuator-central locking fault

Electrics 
16K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  patclarke24 
#1 ·
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted anything as touch wood my civic has been running well recently.

Yesterday after finishing work I unlocked the car and found that the boot would not open. Then while driving home I heard the doors lock and unlock a couple of times. After a bit of research it seems that this is a known fault with the drivers door actuator and a few threads have mentioned the same problem.

Would someone please be able to point me in the right direction for a replacement part? I've looked on eBay but only found second hand ones from breakers. I'd like a new one but not sure if I would need to visit Honda dealer for that?

Also, is it easy to remove the door card and replace this myself?

Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Update on this...

After reading that the door latch assembly can be tricky to fit for those who are not particularly good with mechanics (me) I took it to a local auto electrician. I had printed all the info from this site regarding the door/boot lock issue which he was grateful for as he hadn't actually come across it before. Anyway, to cut a long story short the boot latch was absolutely fine so he ordered the drivers door assembly (not too bad at £59.95) and it's now working perfectly.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Well it appears this isn't fixed after all.

This morning I unlocked the car and the boot didn't open. I then heard the locks click twice by themselves. Locked and unlocked with the remote key and it was okay so the fault is intermittent.

The drivers door actuator has been replaced.

Does anyone have anymore bright ideas please?

#13 ·
Sorry for the thread-jack,

I think I'm having a similar issue. Drivers door (rhd) won't lock/unlock with the remote. Lock it manually with the key and it locks just fine, but then and all the doors refuse to open when using the remote buttons. The indicator lights just come on once and then nothing. Unlocking it with the key then works, but that it's the same problem all over- all the other doors lock/unlock as they should, but the driver's door doesn't. Same thing goes for when sitting inside the car and using the door lock toggle button or the latch on the inside of the door. Drivers door just doesn't want to play nice. But then other times, it's just absolutely fine and works perfectly (although more often it doesn't work).

Any ideas for testing- before I order and pay ridiculous amounts of money for a new actuator?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.