Transmission Slipping Clutch and Warranty - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2010, 13:34 Thread Starter
Get Your Cray On

Car: 2016 Milano Red FK2
Send a message via MSN to aidanjones88
Slipping Clutch and Warranty

Hi there,
I have noticed lately that my car is juddering when moving off in first gear, this problem seems to be non existant when the car is cold and freshly started, however after about 40 mins to an hour of driving the problem starts.
The problem is ranging from a slight judder to large vibrations of the entire car. I also notice that this happens more when there are more people in the car.

I have put this problem down to a slipping clutch (if anyone else has any ideas then i am more than happy to hear them).

My question then is, would this be a warranty issue? my car is an 07 plate 1.8 Type S still under warranty with only 9,700 miles on the clock (i would never expect clutch problems at this mileage)

I certainly dont want to pay a diagnostic charge just to find out that it will not be covered with warranty lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th January 2010, 16:36 Thread Starter
Get Your Cray On
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 Milano Red FK2
Send a message via MSN to aidanjones88
nobody?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th January 2010, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanjones88 View Post
Hi there,
I have noticed lately that my car is juddering when moving off in first gear, this problem seems to be non existant when the car is cold and freshly started, however after about 40 mins to an hour of driving the problem starts.
The problem is ranging from a slight judder to large vibrations of the entire car. I also notice that this happens more when there are more people in the car.

I have put this problem down to a slipping clutch (if anyone else has any ideas then i am more than happy to hear them).

My question then is, would this be a warranty issue? my car is an 07 plate 1.8 Type S still under warranty with only 9,700 miles on the clock (i would never expect clutch problems at this mileage)

I certainly dont want to pay a diagnostic charge just to find out that it will not be covered with warranty lol.
If you still have warranty, best bet is to check with your local dealer. They will tell you if they will diagnose under warranty or not.

There's been several occurances of faulty fitted clutch pedals that have caused early wear of the clutch on here and they managed (in the majority) to get a replacement under warranty.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 25th January 2010, 10:33

Car: 2008 1.8 Type S, Alabaster
I've got the same problem

Tommorow my car will be checked by a dealer. I will let you know...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th January 2010, 21:49

Car: 2007 2.2 5Dr Black Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofdisaster View Post
Tommorow my car will be checked by a dealer. I will let you know...

Any news on that one? or any of the juddering cured?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th January 2010, 17:27

Car: 2008 1.8 Type S, Alabaster
They told me that this is probably because of a very cold weather here in Poland now - minus 22 degrees. But it sounds like a some kind of ******** for me
However they probably did some regulations - my clutch is now softer, it bites earlier and the vibrations during moving from the first gear are only sometimes and much lower than before.
They also told me to come back if there still will be issue during hotter weather.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page