2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Clutch damper bypass

Transmission 
4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  roger1876 
#1 ·
Hi all,

After completing the installation of a cc clutch and smf kit today, i decided it would be the perfect opportunity to fit the clutch damper bypass hose i ordered from tdi.

Following diagrams from others and a little common sense, i proceeded to remove the damper with the intention of using the bypass hose to replace this. Problem i ran into was all of the fittings i found to be male double flared yet the bypass hose i have is both short and has female fittings to accept bubble flares.

If anyone has any information regarding whether this is indeed correct it would be most appreciated.

Needless to say the damper is now back on but at the expense of a very heavy pedal (system has been well bled) and biting point adjustment has been carried out on the push rod.

Roger

#2 ·
hi there have you received the correct parts to do the by pass as it could be a simple thing as an incorrect order sent out by mistake , as i recall another member on here had a similar kind of problem you're experiencing, and a incorrect part that was sent out by freaky parts, and poor faruqi was helping the member during christmas times if i can recall this property

#4 ·
Hi all, again another very late reply (years) ? I eventually ordered a replacement bypass hose from one of the forum members (freaky) which sorted the job for me. Ordered it a touch longer than anticipated.

Although the pedal seemed to be a little easier with the damper bypass, it’s still heavy as hell some 15000 miles or so later, however, for a DIY fit on the CC solid mass flywheel and clutch kit, it seems to be holding up well.

In hindsight and if I had to advise others, I would not go solid mass conversion again. I never got round to completing the pedal mechanical pivot mod that looked tempting - too much hassle for a daily driver as I’ve always needed the car. The clutch pedal is just so heavy in and out of standing traffic - I’m used to it and it keeps the Mrs from driving it, however, for the average joe, they wouldn’t want to drive it and i wreckon it would hurt any resale value the car may or may not now have. Just my opinion in all honesty. I don’t think it’s ever really softened up as others have mentioned, just I have gotten used to it more. The judder when pulling off is less as I give a touch more revs. Reverse is always a shaking bit of fun into tight spots ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.