Damage Broken Mirror - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 19th February 2010, 11:31 Thread Starter

Exclamation Broken Mirror

Hi All, im new to the forum so i shall start with a warm hello to all!

Sorry for my first post to be a negative one but here goes:

I got back to my car one night to find my side mirror spun right out of place, to make things worse, when I tried to snap it back into the normal position it wouldn't lock.

It will however lock if i push it about an inch closer to the window, in which case I cannot see anything in the mirror when I am driving.

Therefore I have to turn it to sit in an "unlocked" position if i wish to see it while driving. The problem with this is that whenever I start the ignition, it automatically turns until it is spun right around

My guess is that it has slipped of the mechanical track that it is supposed to be on so I want to get in there and have a look before i bite the bullet and buy a new mirror altogether

So essentially my question is does anyone know how to pull apart the outside casing of the mirror without breaking it or do I have to take the whole mirror off to have a look inside it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I hope you can all help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 19th February 2010, 11:44
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR GT Milano Red
Thanks to alforr from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th February 2010, 00:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by alforr View Post
Yes I noticed this thread, I was just wondering if i could detach the casing of the mirror while its still on the car. Thanks for the reply!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
broken , damage , diy , fix , mirror

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page