Squeaks LH dash vent noise - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2010, 11:17 Thread Starter

Question LH dash vent noise

Has anyone found a solution for a creaking noise from the air vent at the left end of the dash? Seems to be the right side of the unit rubbing on the opening in the dash, somewhere inside. I've stuffed material in between and used silicone spray but the noise always comes back. A while back, 'wheelchair' mentioned that a new vent was ordered but the thread ended there. Did this solve it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2010, 15:48
Supporter

Car: 2009 CTS DBP
Check the glovebox, mine wasnt fitted quite right and creaked from new, sounded like the airvent area but wasnt.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th March 2010, 09:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for that but deffo the vent as the noise stops if I put some pressure on it. I could get a new vent fitted but it might start a string of events like has occurred in the past.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th March 2010, 09:59
Never tap!

Car: 2007 Type S 2.2GT Milano Red
the noise i had was from the behind the steering wheel and when pressing down the noise was removed. I wedged some double sided tape in a hey presto its gone

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page