Squeaks Squeaky Noise - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 19:04 Thread Starter
JNH

Squeaky Noise

Hi there, this is my first post and I thought I would try and explore your collective knowledge!

I've got a 2009 CTR. There seems to be a squeaking noise from the rear of the car on the left-hand side of the car (and right-hand side a few times recently). It sounds as though someone is rubbing their hand against polystyrene!

It's not very loud and it only lasts for a few minutes (by the time i've reached the end of my road). It tends to happen on start-up, either when i've left it standing for a few days or even after short gaps in between driving.

I've taken it to a dealer but of course, it didn't make the noise for them at all! Then again, i'm not altogether sure they really had a proper look, although they reported that nothing was wrong after making checks.

Just an irritation really - it's quite new still and i've got a long-distance journey approaching soon so wouldn't mind sorting it out. Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 19:47

Car: 09 milano ctr
Re: Squeaky Noise

Exhaust mounts I belive, I get it on mine and lots of others do,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to gazmdm from:
JNH
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 20:07
Aye Aye....

Car: 2009 CTR, Milano
Thanked 1,210 Times in 1,056 Posts
Have you ever cleaned the interior with those dashboard wipes or anythin like that? They have chemicals which get into the gaps between the plastic and then it squeeks as the plastic parts rub together...just a thought
Thanks to DPG87 from:
JNH

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 20:28
Supporter

Car: 2007 FN2 GT Milano
squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPG87 View Post
Have you ever cleaned the interior with those dashboard wipes or anythin like that? They have chemicals which get into the gaps between the plastic and then it squeeks as the plastic parts rub together...just a thought
Had the same problem was told by the stealers it was the shocks,they told me if the car lies for any period of time the oil drains to the bottom causing the squeak on start up.According to them it`s normal and nothing to worry about.
Thanks to gor4don from:
JNH
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 20:30

I have the same problem but it goes away after a few seconds of moving but sometimes it sounds like I have got a boot full of pigeons
Thanks to weyhey from:
JNH
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 21:04 Thread Starter
JNH
** Thread starter **

So is there anything I should be doing if it is the exhaust mounts or the shocks? I can live with the noise (even though it does sounds as though there is a flock of birds in the back of my car!!) only as long as it's not damaging anything.

I haven't cleaned the dashboard with any wipes or anything recently but might have done in the past. Although i'm pretty sure the noise doesn't come from the front...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2010, 13:31
MY09 Milano CTR Driver

Car: MY09 Milano Red CTR
I have just started to hear a noise that you describe for a couple of mins when i first setoff... I only get it though when I have been parked on a slope and not when its been left on flat ground.

Is yours the same as this?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page