Recalls Please help advice on warranty - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 25th March 2010, 21:12 Thread Starter

Car: 2008 CTR GT, Silver
Please help advice on warranty

I have to take my Type r back to honda tomorrow for a recall and it is also having a number of issues looked at from previous 'repairs' and warranty work. There are five seperate issues that it is having to go back for - dash noise ongoing despite three seperate visits to dealer for repair, loud steering noise when pulling off, rust on both doors, significant wear to steering wheel after a year of owning from new, fuse box recall.

When booking in I was told I would have to pay for a courtesy car if I wanted/needed one. My issue is that if the car was right from day one, as it was new, then I shouldn't be making my sixth (approx) visit back to the dealer on my day off so they can fix these again. If the car functioned as it should (and was one reason why I chose to by a new one) then I should not be having to keep going back and forth wasting my loads of my time.

Am I in my rights to demand a courtesy car as the issues with the car are not my fault and all need replacing or repairing under warranty.

I was hoping for some advice from anyone who has had similiar experiences like these?

Can anyone help with this?

Last edited by esmayes; 25th March 2010 at 21:45.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 25th March 2010, 22:51
Strong in me The Force is

Car: 2.2 NHB & 1.8 DBP TypeS
In such cases I only have to pay for the fuel in my courtesy car. Which is normal I guess, as I would have to pay for fuel in my own car too.
Usage is also limited to a certain amount of kms a day.

K.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page