Engine Is my clutch on it's last legs? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th April 2010, 09:34 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Is my clutch on it's last legs?

Hello all,

My 2006, ES, 1.8 Manual Petrol has developed a fault. It has done 32K miles. When moving off in 1st it feels like the wheels are on spinning on ice then it suddenly moves off, the wheels however are not spinning this is just what it feels like. This only happens now and then. I was wondering if the judder is coming from the clutch? It started after I sat in traffic for 2 hours a few weeks back. It occurs after a long journey and first thing in the morning. The clutch is definitely not slipping when i am changing up gears whilst driving. I have seen simliar posts on here but the issue others describe are not exactly the same as mine. I have recently started using V Power, could that be causing it?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th April 2010, 09:55
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
As per my reply to your other thread, I heavily suspect that you've "polished" the clutch pad, probably by 'slipping' the clutch in a traffic queue ...

Try to rigorously avoid touching the clutch, except for "normal" changes, for a week or two - and never 'slip' it in traffic or on a slope (use the handbrake) ...

If you're lucky, the problem will disappear ! ...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th April 2010, 09:58 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Ok thanks buddy, I tried to delete this thread once you replied in the other one but I'm guessing supervisors can only delete threads, thanks for you help.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
clutch judder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page