Engine 2.2 loses all power below -2 but no warning lights - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 26th February 2018, 13:37 Thread Starter

2.2 loses all power below -2 but no warning lights

Hi All,

sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area...

Sunday morning, I needed to do another supply run to B&Q so jumped in My 2006 2.2 CTDi but as soon as I hit the main road (200 yards from my driveway) she decided to drop the revs to around 1000 rpm and not allow me to push through - I was on a main road and had to switch the ignition off and hit the start button 4 times in the mile stretch to the nearest carpark!!

After sitting in the B&Q car park for about 10 minutes gently applying the power the car "chugged" back into life - it was really 'lumpy' and felt like it was missing a cylinder or something until i coaxed it past the 3000 rpm mark then it seemed perfectly fine and the limitation just lifted. I had something similar at the start of 2017 but only once and it didn't hit as badly as Sunday morning

it was weird - made me think maybe on of the Glow plugs wasn't doing it's job properly?

obviously i always wait for the glow plug light to go out before i start her up.

Has anyone else had this problem at all?

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 26th February 2018, 15:23
Bye bye Honda...

Car: Volvo V60 VEA D4 (181)
Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,042 Posts
Hard to diagnose remotely (especially with no available diagnostic trouble codes) but this could well be a symptom of the EGR valve failing to close properly (something which does not cause any warning lights).

Don't waste time cleaning all the soot from the pipework (it doesn't need to be clean), just make sure that the valve operation is not affected by soot build-up...http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-gui...egr-valve.html

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
cold weather , ctdi , limp mode , power loss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page