2008 type r srs issues..... - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Linkjack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th March 2018, 22:49 Thread Starter

2008 type r srs issues.....

Hi all,

Apologies for the long post in advance! I am at my wits end on this and really desperate for advice to avoid having to go to the stealers! Tl;DR at the bottom, background below.

So, airbag light (red and yellow) have been on since I've owned the car. I've been trying to fix it over the last few months but it's coming up towards an MOT and I've reached desperation!

I started by reading the flash codes from dtc which read 2-8 and 2-2. Quick Google said this was passenger side seat belt tensioner. Found the resistance they should be, got some resistors to try and diagnose the problem but no difference.

Took the car go a friend, plugged it in and it came up with 28:10 and 22:10 on a Bosch diagnostic machine, now saying front right (both errors seat belt tensioner). Great, I have been working on the wring side! Plug the other side all back in, swap the resistors yo the driver side, reset the srs, still 28:10 and 22:10

Next I try and take it to an auto electrician. He scans the codes and now it comes up with 28:10, 22:10 and 54:60. 54:60 is internal failure so advised to pick up a second hand srs unit. Order one off eBay that is confirmed as no crash data and all good whilst at the same time sending my unit off to crashdata or said they could reflash it as 54:60 is likely corrupt data so they could flash over it back to normal.

Both arrived today. Plug in the reflashed srs unit, exact same flash codes (2-8,2-2 and 5-4). Plug in the new srs unit and EXACTLY the same errors.

I know there is a chance that I could of just got seriously unlucky, but I'm thinking even I can be that unlucky! Any advice would be massively appreciated!

TL;DR: srs unit showing 22:10, 22:80 and 54:60 errors. Got it reflashed and still showing the same fault codes, also ordered a replacement that shows the exact same faults
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th March 2018, 06:30
250bhp.... finally :)

Car: 08 CTR, Milano Red
Stab in the dark but when I was using my HDS there was an option to scan the whole car for DTCs and clear them.

Possibly needs hard resetting in the ECU?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th March 2018, 10:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by musegroove View Post
Stab in the dark but when I was using my HDS there was an option to scan the whole car for DTCs and clear them.

Possibly needs hard resetting in the ECU?
Thanks for the advice I though srs would just be plug and play? I've had people try and clear the codes using launch and a Bosch system, although haven't tried yet after swapping over the units.

My fear is that if I go to a dealer, they are going to replace the SRS and all the seatbelt parts and then go 'nope that's not it. Thanks for the 1k. Next it's wiring!'

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 17:25 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sorted!

Although the code reader says passenger, it was definitely drivers side (UK). So advice to anyone on the codes is that if it says driver or passanger, take it as US positions.

Secondly, 54:60 looks like a hardware failure. When I swapped the SRS I only had access to flash codes (5-4) bug plugging it in to a code reader have 54:40 this time.

Turns out it looks like a grounding issue. So after moving it around I managed to get that one to disappear!

Now 22:10 And 28:10. I used resistors to bypass this for the time being. They have to be TIGHT in the plugs for it to work. The contacts are small so balling up the resistors ends slightly and squeezing them in finally got those sorted too.

After several months of chopping my hands trying to get in small places, finally sorted!

Now just to cut out the mid section silencer that has rusted to hell and put a pipe in instead......
Farqui likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page