Damage Replacement wing mirror? - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Miss_Angel
  • 1 Post By Kevinp4966

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 01:22 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 Civic SE 1.8l iV-tec
Replacement wing mirror?

Some unbelievable person, while my partner had the car for work and parked it down a side road, drove too close and smashed the wing mirror. I've put it back together as best I can and it's currently missing the bottom half of the cover but the main issue is the metal rod in the middle has snapped (which it would normally pivot on). The signal and mirror still work so the electrics are fine but, is there anywhere I can get a replacement part from (I cant seem to find anywhere that does the whole thing for my model that isn't just the mirror) or is there a way I can fix it/a garage can?

I've checked euro car parts, I've checked ebay, I've checked a local scrap dealer too and they all have a mirror but not the whole thing (or if they do, it's not for my model). I have a 57 plate Honda civic semi auto. See image for devastation and pulling of the heart strings. Help! 😞
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0108_1522542144027.jpg (62.1 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 03:13
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Have you tried Cox, Lings?

One moment...
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hond...c-5dr-mirrors/

There we go!

They don't have an entire assembly, but there should be enough to build your own there. If you ask, I imagine they could send you a complete unit.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 08:12
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Due to becoming damaged, I've had to replace both mirror assy's. Both sides were bought new, I think from cox's.

The parts department will guide you which parts/part numbers needed. Tell them the colour/ code of the car

Three items to buy, main assy, colour coded cover and clear lense indicator. All in going to come to approx. 250. Pretty straightforward to fit.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 08:15
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
I suspect that the OP was hoping that it would cost a lot less than that.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 09:23 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Crikey, yeah for 250 she may have to go for a month just being duct taped together. Just makes me more annoyed that I hadn't setup the dash cam beforehand. At least I might have stood a chance to get the blights details
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st April 2018, 09:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Have you tried Cox, Lings?

One moment...
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hond...c-5dr-mirrors/

There we go!

They don't have an entire assembly, but there should be enough to build your own there. If you ask, I imagine they could send you a complete unit.
This looks the ticket! 150 for what I need, I can take the rest off the existing one so that'll work for me! Thank you so much!
Haltamer likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2018, 21:44

... why not approach a breaker and get the assembly... Sand paper and a couple cans of Halfords paint isn't expensive.. just had the same problem myself.. 40 for the assembly, 15 for the heated glass and happened to have the paint laying around from the Kawasaki rebuild.
FergyCiv likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th April 2018, 09:45

Did you want to look at this site?
www lingshondaparts com/cars/oem-car-parts-diagrams html
they explode a diagram of the mirror where you can identify the part number from .
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th April 2018, 20:31

Car: 2007 2.2 Blueish Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Angel View Post
Some unbelievable person, while my partner had the car for work and parked it down a side road, drove too close and smashed the wing mirror. I've put it back together as best I can and it's currently missing the bottom half of the cover but the main issue is the metal rod in the middle has snapped (which it would normally pivot on). The signal and mirror still work so the electrics are fine but, is there anywhere I can get a replacement part from (I cant seem to find anywhere that does the whole thing for my model that isn't just the mirror) or is there a way I can fix it/a garage can?

I've checked euro car parts, I've checked ebay, I've checked a local scrap dealer too and they all have a mirror but not the whole thing (or if they do, it's not for my model). I have a 57 plate Honda civic semi auto. See image for devastation and pulling of the heart strings. Help! 😞
Had the same thing done twice now by idiots walking past, went to dealers only sell complete mirrors HOW MUCH ( dealer parts guy comments we get loads of customers asking I only need the aluminium rod) but Honda dont sell it separate total p**s take thanks Honda

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page