2Likes
  • 2 Post By painter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 09:55 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Aircon Issue

Hi,

I guess the warm weather is bringing these out.

Over the winter my A/C seemed to be working fine. Then just before the weather warmed up, it suddenly was no longer cold. Now in the current weather it blows warm, maybe even warmer than pure outside air.

If I turn the A/C off I hear a change in the tone when it switches to pure blower suggesting that the pump is working.

In all honesty I haven't had it serviced since Honda took aircon out of the standard serving procedures, so probably at least 5 years.

Do you think therefore this is just a gradual loss of gas pressure causing the sudden loss of cooling, or is there likely to be something more serious wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 11:12
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX iShift 5DR
Could be anything from a faulty Schrader valve causing a gradual loss of gas, or even a tiny hole in your condenser.

Get it checked with a regas unit which drains it and pressure tests the system. If it treats a vacuum its fine and it'll just ned a popup of refrigerant.
Thanks to lightningslow from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 12:06

Car: 2006 1.8 ES petrol v-tech
I have the same issue, last September it stopped working after 10 years, so I had a service on it and regas as no leaks showed it's worked fine until this week and no cold air so the service guy came out and as he had put UV dye in last year the pin hole leak was now visible using a UV detector light, it's in the condenser so he's quoted me 240 for a new condenser plus new dryer, all fitted pressure tested and regassed with a 2 year warranty on the system, I don't think that's a bad price.
RA108 and Farqui like this.
Thanks to painter from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page