Windscreen Screenwash Funky Smell - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lightningslow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 08:57 Thread Starter

Car: 2008 2.2 Type S-GT
Screenwash Funky Smell

Hi Guys,

I've noticed that my screenwash has started to have a weird smell to it lately when I pull back the stick to clean the windshield. Does anyone know how best I can empty and clean out the reservoir and pipes so I can get rid of the smell?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 09:41
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX iShift 5DR
remove the front bumper and youll see the tank along with the pump that holds the solution. Take off the pump and youll be left with what is a circular mess filter that empties the tank. Clean the filter, pop it back in and pop on the pump to stop it coming back up with liquid when you fill it up.

Pop in the amount of clean fresh water into the tank, before so pop in a baby bottle steriliser tab or some sterling fluid and leave to sit for half an hour. Remove the pump, and the filter and allow this to drain.

Reassemble and fill with good quality screen wash (i do not recommend prestone as it clogs), such as SOnax 1:100 clearvision
FergyCiv likes this.
Thanks to lightningslow from:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 10:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for that Lightning, i'll have a go at it now see how it goes.. I have this Rocket Butter Rain Rebel stuff that I got a little while ago, it's supposed to be pretty good.

I was reading this http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-gui...nt-bumper.html for how to remove the bumper but as I have fog lights attached how would I disconnect them?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 16:58
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX iShift 5DR
The fogs just detach from the cables , you leave them in situ. That’s what I’ve done with mine that’s got front fogs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 18:57

Car: 2007 1.8 ishift EX, Silver
My washers stopped working about a month ago and I had the access the washer reservoir to clean out the filter (it was thick with slime!), while it was all off I stuck the hosepipe in and left it running with a bucket under the car and i really could not believe the crap that came out!.
Anyway, instead of removing the front bumper I actually got to mine by removing the driver's side wheel and wheel arch lining, works perfect if you just want to get to the filter without removing the entire reservoir. Just remember though to keep a note of where all the clips from the wheel arch lining go as some are different sizes and I found it out the hard way!

Good luck!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2018, 09:31 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks guys, much appreciated! I'll try it out on my next day off if the good weather persists!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page