AC/Heater Aircon starting cold, then blowing warm. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 5th May 2018, 16:06 Thread Starter

Aircon starting cold, then blowing warm.

First post, so hello all!

So I have a 2010 Type S 2.2CDTI and the Aircon is playing up. Just from skimming over the some of the problems here it seems AC is somewhat of a common problem on these cars.

I started to notice in the warmer weather that the AC is struggling in the higher temperatures. Weird thing is that for the 5 - 10 mins it blows out very cold, and then gradually as the car warms up, the AC starts to blow warmer and warmer.
I got it regassed this morning, and initially it seemed to do the trick as it was blowing out ice cold as I pulled away from the garage. However after taking a little drive through the country lanes this afternoon in the 22-24C heat, it started to blow out warm again.

I've checked the fuses and it seems I still have the old Omron relay, so I guess thats first on the list to replace. If I recall, you used to be able to hear the click of the solenoid when you turned the AC on and off, however I can't hear it anymore, so it could possibly be the relay?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 5th May 2018, 16:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just checked the compressor clutch, and its not engaging at all. So its either a sticky relay or a the clutch is knackered?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th May 2018, 09:55
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
...or your AC pressure is too low for the system to engage

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th May 2018, 19:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So I got a new relay and fitted it. Checked the compressor and it was now spinning. Didn't take long till cold air was blowing inside. Problem solved I thought, however driving a bit later and it was blowing warm again. I checked to see if the compressor is still spinning and it wasn't anymore. I tried bridging the two connections on the fitting for the relay to simulate the relay activating, but now the clutch isn't engaging at all regardless.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th May 2018, 13:29
Supporter

Car: 2011 1.8 ES 5 door, Grey
Garage
Check your ac pressure levels then look into the shims on the clutch or a replacement clutch and coil.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page