Music Radio Reception gone again after rear screen replacement which fixed it - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 7th May 2018, 17:42 Thread Starter
Supporter

Radio Reception gone again after rear screen replacement which fixed it

So, I had the no radio reception issue that others have had, complained to my dealer (still under warranty) took it into them, they had it for 3 weeks in which time it had a donor head unit to test the head unit and then they replaced the rear windscreen, I dont use the radio often but when travelling with family and friends they like to have the radio on, tried it a few weeks back and im back to no reception, any suggestions about what I say when I take it back again, because clearly its not the head unit or the rear screen, I can only guess its the wiring, are there any easy fixes or tests that I can do to get to root cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 7th May 2018, 17:46
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Early 2006/7 cars had this issue and in nearly all cases it was a bad earth near the rear screen somewhere.

The other issue was diesel cars but only in winter when the 2.2 automatically put the heated screen on.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 7th May 2018, 18:00 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Mine is a 2010 model and the dealer has replaced the rear screen already, I am guessing its the earthing issue on the multi segmented cable, one section is not earthed properly, time to go claim on the warranty again and while they are at it they can look at my "squeaky clutch" which has surfaced again.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page