Bodywork I hate speed bumps - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 10:33 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 5D SE, Galaxy Grey
I hate speed bumps

Drove to IKEA the day before yesterday. At the exit from the parking garage there were this ridiculous speed bump.

I slowed down almost to a halt and started to climb it rather slowly. When I got up on top of it with the front wheels I thought that this went OK after all, but then as I went down on the far side I heard a scraping/cracking noise.

Stopped on the spot only to notice that the front mudflaps had stuck when descending the bump. Broke off the white clips that hold the rear part of the wheel arch in place... ON BOTH SIDES!

OK, I have lowered it, and I have scraped the flaps before, but this was the most ridiculous speed bump I have ever seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 10:41
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
Yeeppp - been there, done that, got the T-Shirt & the Baseball Cap ! ...

I've also dropped my 1.8 by 25 mm - big lumps of frozen snow got me - both front corners now broken \ loose - booked in to the Dealer for 01 June, to get the trim \ clips replaced, and the collection of "mods" fitted !!! ...

( Can't wait - every time I look at the 'Si' Grill & Trunk Spoiler, I get "goose-bumps ) ...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 11:08
Supporter

Car: 2011 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI
I removed mine this winter - even though mine's not lowered, they (mudflaps) were catching everywhere on ice and snow... I don't think I would have survived a winter with a lowered spaceship. (or more presicely - the spaceship would not have survived)...!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
I removed mine this winter - even though mine's not lowered, they (mudflaps) were catching everywhere on ice and snow... I don't think I would have survived a winter with a lowered spaceship. (or more presicely - the spaceship would not have survived)...!
My house is at the end of a 'dead-end' (blind vei) - the road was only first cleared in late February - and even then, it wasn't exactly good ...

I was driving a "Honda Snowplough" for about 4 months ! ...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 11:41 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Derek Riddell View Post
( Can't wait - every time I look at the 'Si' Grill & Trunk Spoiler, I get "goose-bumps ) ...
Don't forget to post the pics

Got to see the trunk spoiler on the Galaxy. I am a bit inclined to replace the "lip" type spoiler I have on the trunk now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orschild View Post
Don't forget to post the pics Got to see the trunk spoiler on the Galaxy. I am a bit inclined to replace the "lip" type spoiler I have on the trunk now.
Fear not, my man - pictures will be posted, on 01-June (assuming that it's not bloody well raining again !) ...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 13:37

Car: 2006 Civic 2.2 CDTi EX
Thats the price you pay for lowered suspension I'm afraid! English roads have more speed bumps and pot holes than there are stars in the sky!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex1970 View Post
Thats the price you pay for lowered suspension I'm afraid! English roads have more speed bumps and pot holes than there are stars in the sky!
That would be Norwegian roads ! ...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th May 2010, 12:03 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Considering what I have heard about the weather on Vestlandet the pictures can take some time then... English weather is supposed to be dry in comparison

My experience of Vestlandet is however the contrary. First time there (was in Stavanger) the whole week was 25-27 degrees C and sun. This was in August. The second time around (aslo in August two years later) I was in Ålesund and we had 6 days with the same brilliant weather.

May be going to Stavanger this August as well. Kind of looking forward to it

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page