Electrics Honda alarm is it automatically activated - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 17:44 Thread Starter
As good as it gets!

Car: 2008 HondaCivic 1.4 i-Dsi SE
Question Honda alarm is it automatically activated

Hi! I went to B&Q up Boucher road over two weeks ago and when I parked the car in a parking spot.. I just took the key out of the ignition, then I decided to fit my new funky Airwick airfreshener to one of the air vents, like you do.. . Well this took a wee time to complete because it took me nearly 3 minutes to screw the protective cap of the airfreshener as it was fixed onto the bottle with what seemed like superglue, then and do all the fitting ETC, ETC..

While I was doing this to my utmost surprise my car doors all locked and I thought W.T.F.. So the car started to arm itself, at this point I then unlocked the car again with my key and waited to see if it would happen again to my surprise it did the very same thing another 3 mins later now this time could have been longer.

So I was very pleased to think has my car got that feature..

Anyway when sitting in the car two weeks later @ home I had forgotten all about it then I remembered and thought i'll do the same thing so I thought i'll sit to see if my car will lock automatically so I waited five minutes after taking the key out of the ignition and regrettabally nothing happened, not A click of a lock anywhere, so i'm wondering did someone elses alarm fob lock my car while sitting in B&Q's car park or was it just a glitch as it hasn't done it since and that was over two weeks ago. So can anyone shed any light if the Honda Civic 2008 is fitted with an automatic locking mechanism.. It would make sense if it was, as my Aunts Toyota Auris has that feature I should know caus she left me in her car at the garage it locked and then the alarms went off cause I was sitting in it and everyone was looking as if I had broken into it, lol....

So just thought I would throw this out to the wonderful members of Civic Forums..

Last edited by Creiborum; 10th May 2010 at 17:49.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 18:06
pjr
Supporter

Car: Mk VII Golf GTI
Eco display
If you unlock the car with the keyfob and don't open any doors or the boot it will re-lock automatically after about 30 seconds. If you gave just stopped the car and take the key out of the ignition then no, it will not lock automatically.

The car re-locks after 30 seconds to prevent you accidentally leaving the car unlocked if you have pressed the unlock button by mistake.
Thanks to pjr from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th May 2010, 18:54 Thread Starter
As good as it gets!
** Thread starter **

Car: 2008 HondaCivic 1.4 i-Dsi SE
Ahh thank you, that's what happened. Well thank you for replying..

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
car alarm , factory alarm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page