Electrics Wing Mirror Adjustments Not Working - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2018, 12:37 Thread Starter

Wing Mirror Adjustments Not Working

Hi everyone

I have a 59 plate Civic ES.

I've just come back from 3 weeks away. Prior to leaving, I pushed the wing-mirrors in.

This morning I drove the car and tried to adjust the directional glass on the wing-mirrors - neither are working. There's just no response to any button when I press.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2018, 14:13
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Fuse?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 5th September 2018, 11:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Okay so I finally got round to taking my civic to the garage today for it to be looked into.

I took it to main dealer as the last time I had an issue, they sorted it out straight away and it was free (granted it was only something small that needed changing).

Anyway, I took it today for it to be looked at to see what the problem was. I said I'd wait for an hour or so, but if further work needed doing, I would have to book it back in.

They charged me 48 to look at it and identify the problem, but they haven't seemed to identify the problem. I've booked it back in for next week for them to sort it.

All that it says on the invoice is:

"CARRIED OUT CHECKS FOR WING MIRROR FAULT, CHECKED WIRING AND NO POWER GOING TO MOTOR POSSIBLE LOOM FOR FUSE BOX FAULT FURTHER INSPECTION NEEDED."

Quick question - Given I've just spend 48 to be told that further inspection is needed, will I be able to take this to a local independent garage for them to sort, or should I stick with main dealer?

(I'm clueless with cars so go easy)

Thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th September 2018, 19:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just bumping for any ideas
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th January 2019, 20:06

Garage
Are you still having issues?
If so, do your mirrors fold ok?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page