AC/Heater Another AC Problem - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 27th May 2018, 12:54 Thread Starter

Car: 2008 2.2 Type S-GT
Another AC Problem

So another AC problem, I did have a read and a search but can't seem to find a solution that works for me.

So I have an Air Con system that works absolutely fine for about 5-10 minutes before it cuts out on me. Pretty usual senario in which I replaced the relay with a second hand one and still had the problem so I thought maybe that relay wasn't good so ordered a brand new genuine honda replacement which cost me a bit more hoping it would work but still no good.

I have also previously had the system regassed in January with no leaks found but as I haven't used the AC properly til now was unaware of the problem.

When I try to re-engage the AC it usually doesn't work but sometimes it does for another 5-10mins before cutting out again no loud noises or anything apart from a change in the smell of the air coming from the vents.

Hope someone can help me out here or would it be best to take it to a garage?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 28th May 2018, 10:55

Search for "Shim" in this forum...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page