Engine Strange Noise - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 15th May 2010, 02:20 Thread Starter
Silent Assassin

Car: Mazda 3 MPS MK2
Strange Noise

Hey Guys,

Not sure what this falls under as it may be normal for this car.

When I bring the clutch up to just past the biting point the engine makes a funny noise that sounds like a cat purring in a high pitched yet low kind of way.

This only happens if I dont give it enough gas.. Is this normal for the civic? cant say I have noticed it on any of the other cars I have owned.

I tried recording it on the Iphone but it is crap for that sort of thing, although you can just about hear it between 6 and 7 seconds in.

http://fsfa.org/car.m4a

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page