Engine Accessing ECT Sensor 2 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2010, 09:20 Thread Starter

Accessing ECT Sensor 2

Hey folks! not posted in ages but just recently turned on my 06 civ to find the engine warning light on constantly for about a week now.

My friend has managed to get the error code from my car and it says it's the ECT sensor 2.

Does anyone know what the easiest way to access the sensor is? Its going up on the ramp on saturday and thought someone might know the easiest way to access sensor 2.

Any advice would be great .. Really don't want to have to put it into Honda n face paying over a grand!!

Oh and one other thing, at New Year there i skidded (slowly) into a bus and had no visible damage other than the bumper casing popped a wee bit from the front headlamp.. up until now i'd not thought anything of it but does anyone think the wee bump may have loosened the ECT sensor and that might be why i'm having problems??

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2010, 12:41
Supporter

Car: Golf GTI
Welcome back first of all the ECT sensor 2 translates to 'Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2' - the '2' part I don't understand but i'm sure there's some nice people on here that could answer that. Come to think of it, I don't actually know where the sensor in question is located on the 1.8 a great help I was!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th May 2010, 09:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

haha at least u replied..thanks As for the '2' in ECT 2 it is for Sensor number 2 as theres two sensors and number 1 is at the top and pretty easily located from above. Unfortunately its rarely number 1 that goes (how convenient?) and I'm thinking the cost involved with the loom and replacing of sensor 2 probably has to do with where its located.. Hopefully my mechanic friend will work his magic on saturday n it'll be fine =D

If however the person that posted in another thread about greasing up sensor 2 with lithium grease to stop it corroding is around maybe they could give a tip on how to get to it..?

xx

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th May 2010, 09:42
You military fool you!

Car: 2006 1.8 Sport 5Dr NHB.
Eco display
It looks like it's under the engine and you have to take off the engine under tray and drain the coolant. That's about all I know.
Thanks to GavChap from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page