2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Central locking...unlocking when braking or leaning on inside of driver side door

Other 
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aAaaHhHH-LOonG!! 
#1 ·
I have owned my car for just over a week now and have had no faults with it until now!

I was driving along and noticed that the door open signal was flashing away as it does and assumed that the door had not shut properly so pulled over and gave the door a good ole slam shut!
I then started to drive off again and noticed that it was beeping at me intermittently and whenever i would break hard and even sometimes when i went around a couple of sharp corners the open door signal beeped again.

Thinking that something was definitely up I pulled over to inspect and pressed around the interior door card around the handle/arm rest area and the majority of the time when I was putting pressure on this area the open door beep would show up on the screen and then stop as soon as pressure was released.

I even pressed the central locking and put pressure on the door and it unlocked....

First of all has anyone experienced this?

and second of all how should I go about this to the dealers as it is still under warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Straight to dealer, even if the car is second hand with this being only a week they should take a look at it. Never encountered it before and it may have the potential to be a safety issue.

Congrats on your purchase, sorry you're having problems so soon though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.