Other Central locking...unlocking when braking or leaning on inside of driver side door - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th May 2010, 16:56 Thread Starter

Unhappy Central locking...unlocking when braking or leaning on inside of driver side door

I have owned my car for just over a week now and have had no faults with it until now!

I was driving along and noticed that the door open signal was flashing away as it does and assumed that the door had not shut properly so pulled over and gave the door a good ole slam shut!
I then started to drive off again and noticed that it was beeping at me intermittently and whenever i would break hard and even sometimes when i went around a couple of sharp corners the open door signal beeped again.

Thinking that something was definitely up I pulled over to inspect and pressed around the interior door card around the handle/arm rest area and the majority of the time when I was putting pressure on this area the open door beep would show up on the screen and then stop as soon as pressure was released.

I even pressed the central locking and put pressure on the door and it unlocked....

First of all has anyone experienced this?

and second of all how should I go about this to the dealers as it is still under warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th May 2010, 18:02
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Car: 2009 CTR, Black
Straight to dealer, even if the car is second hand with this being only a week they should take a look at it. Never encountered it before and it may have the potential to be a safety issue.

Congrats on your purchase, sorry you're having problems so soon though!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th May 2010, 18:04
Supporter

Car: FN2 NHB
might just be a loose sensor? or does your door actualy open?
yeah take it down to the stealers and get the work done under warranty

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
central locking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page