Power Steering - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2018, 08:19 Thread Starter

Power Steering

Hello Everyone, I have a 2006 1.8 ES and yesterday I had the happy experience of switching the car on to a power steering warning light and no power steering. At which point I turned the car off and fortunately had other means of getting to work. When I got back from work last night I tried it again and of course now warning came up and the car seemed fine. Upon reading various posts on this forum I understand that this problem is more common than you’d expect from the Honda badge and it will most likely be the EPS control module?! I may have located a new unit where the first two lines are identical, see highlighted area. Can anyone tell me if this will be a straight swap for my existing unit in which case I could hopefully carry out the job myself? Any help would be brilliant as I am pretty stressed out about this as finances are tight and the thought of sending the car to Honda for a diagnostic/fix fills my wallet with fear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 749B2B16-6696-4558-8404-DFB72BC1DE95_1533280766883.jpg (65.2 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2018, 08:47
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
My Wife has a Fiat Punto and at one point it felt as though the Power Steering was on its way out. On investigation it was a simplet case of the battery was Goosed and after replacing battery haven't had a problem since. How old is your battery and have you had it checked out?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page