Paint Paint deteriorating on my accord - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th May 2010, 12:34 Thread Starter
1.5 Sport Plus CVT

Paint deteriorating on my accord

Hi Guys,

After not having washed the car for about 4 weeks i noticed a rippled rusty area on my front wing.

Initially it looked like the rusty area was caused by a stone chip and it looks like it began to bubble up and spread (to me it seemed to appear out of nowhere). A second area below the original chip has now begun to deteriorate.

Should i be able to get this fixed under warranty and it doesnt seem normal to me. Th laquer seems to be peeling off far too easily.

P.S, car is a 58 accord EX GT

Last edited by jamesaberdeen73; 24th May 2010 at 12:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th May 2010, 20:05
more torque than the mrs

Car: 2008 2.2 type s gt blusilver
Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,570 Posts
Garage
was this caused by stone chipping or bird droppings i had this once happen when i left the bird dropping on my car for a very long time it burns through the laquer then your paint,if its a stone chip they will simply say it your fault as you have left to long untreated resulting in the peeling and rust ,i wish you luck.
Thanks to deni.babe from:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th May 2010, 20:12 Thread Starter
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by deni.babe View Post
was this caused by stone chipping or bird droppings i had this once happen when i left the bird dropping on my car for a very long time it burns through the laquer then your paint,if its a stone chip they will simply say it your fault as you have left to long untreated resulting in the peeling and rust ,i wish you luck.
Hi There,

I think it was originally a stone chip, i had a type r for 2 years, and a 2.2 civic for 1 year and they were boths absolutely covered in chips but never suffered from anything like this.

I was goint to try and touch it up myself so i power washed off the flaking paint and it then liftered the laquer. You would think the laquer would be thoroughly bonded to the paint underneath .

Im beginning to wonder if the wing was resprayed prior to me getting it.

J

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th May 2010, 20:13
You're or your..........

Car: 630i
That looks bad. It's got to be worth a try at the dealers? Today's car paint is poo
Thanks to NEEMSTAR from:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th May 2010, 20:31
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEMSTAR View Post
That looks bad. It's got to be worth a try at the dealers?
I agree. Take it in and see what they say. The laquer should not lift like that has.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page