Seats FIXED - Old Grany chair noise from front seat - headrest - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By seb1011

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 9th September 2018, 17:10 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door, Black
FIXED - Old Grany chair noise from front seat - headrest

Took me some time but i finally found what's causing that noise coming from head rest, when moving the headrest front/back or when pushing your back against the seat, it sounds like two metal pieces rubbing against each other in slow motion. I thought it was one of the connections in the lumbar support/headrest system making the noise somewhere lower in the seat but it's caused by two metal parts sliding on each other almost at the top of the seat, i've used silikon grease to lubricate it, hopefully it will last couple of years. To get to them, with seat still in the car, you have to take back of the seat and work your way with torch while pushing the foam to the front, it's located in the middle-top part of the seat, below are pictures of where to look for it. One of the pictures is from CDT808 heated seats mod, thanks.

Starting point after you remove back of the seat

Red Arrow - red location of the noisy part
Green Arrow - take the white hooks of the metal part so you have more room. You'll also get access to holes which you can use to guide yourself to the noisy part.

You have to put grease between two parts, between these "wings" and metal part, the wings have some extra movement so you can lift them to lubricate the space between, location is marked below

Ilustration how the seat looks without any dressing/foams

DigitalEye likes this.

Last edited by seb1011; 10th September 2018 at 06:46.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page