Damage New Car bugs, Niggles, Damge and Repairs - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th May 2010, 13:20 Thread Starter

New Car bugs, Niggles, Damge and Repairs

Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to Honda Civic's.
I picked up a new 10 plate Civic 1.4 Type S and have had a myriad of niggles since pickup namely :-

When paying for the car noticed delivery damage note on salesperson desk indicating dent in rear wing.
This was the case and along side scratches near the numberplate was resolved by the dealer within 2 hours
Later that day a collegue noticed a large dull patch under the laquer on the rear bumper which upon closer inspection had been buffed out by 'someone'
The service manager did not disagree and stated that an ew bumper would be fitter that day which indeed it was and I was offered a free Supacoat becuase of the hassle
There was also loud squeaking coming from the frony passenger pillar airbag which was also resolved.

All in all I was a bit miffed with the hassle but the car was spotless inside and drove just as weel as my Ford Puma which I had traded in.

Last Friday I booked the car in for the Supacoat and upon picking it up noticed a lot of scrathes at the driver mirror also the plastic trim was all scuffed.
Again went back to the dealer and without disagreeing tooke the car in polished out the bulk of the scratches and replaced the damged plastic facia.

Later that night I noticed the rubber between the mirror facia and the replaced facia was sticking out the way when the other side was perfect I thought initally that it was the replacemnt which was causing it, it was not on right but the difference between sides was 3mm and there was no play in it.

Also the rubber trim around the door had quite clearly been cut to fit the frame and this was all pointed out to the service manager.

Suffice to say after many e-mails the car is in today to get a new mirror, plastic facia fixed correctly, rubber door seal removed & replaced and interior paint chips resolved.

I was positive that the mirror had been removed at some point beacuse of chips etc but as I handed the car in today I was wondering about the showroom and there was a blue Type R priced @ 23,895 whose driver side mirror was exactly the same as mine, has anyone else noticed this ?

Also the servicemanager explained that to resolve my issues the door panel would have to be removed and my worry is that this incur more damage.

Is removing the door panel\ replacing the mirror and door trim a relative simple process for a trained technician ? as in my expereince with other cars the tappits tend to get broken or not all replaced and I am really worried about this.

All in all my first dealing's with Honda and their car's has left me bewildered as my wife has a Toyata Rav 4 and there were some wee new car niggles but nothing like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th May 2010, 13:32
Supporter

Really sorry to hear about all this hassle mate. When buying it brand new you do not expect this sort of trouble.

Whilst is sounds like the dealer is being reasonable and doing their best to sort things out it seems like they are causing more problems than they are fixing.

I might be wrong but I am fairly sure you have 30 days in which to reject the car and incur no costs. This might seriously be an option for you if you are that unhappy with it.

Welcome to the forum - just a shame your first post is because you have so many issues.

Of course hopefully everything will be sorted to your satisfaction and you can begin to enjoy your car at last
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th May 2010, 13:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for your kind reply I know that these issues seem minor but I hate a dealership taking a new car to bits but I am assured that the Civic is quite modular in design and the door panel will come off easily, I will let you know how I get on but will be refusing it today if not happy, also worried that I get another one in exactly the same state.

Bit peculiar though with the the brand new Type R having the same dodgy mirro fitted the same as mine, must be a design flaw.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th May 2010, 13:49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORBY69 View Post
Thanks for your kind reply I know that these issues seem minor but I hate a dealership taking a new car to bits but I am assured that the Civic is quite modular in design and the door panel will come off easily, I will let you know how I get on but will be refusing it today if not happy, also worried that I get another one in exactly the same state.

Bit peculiar though with the the brand new Type R having the same dodgy mirro fitted the same as mine, must be a design flaw.
Will have to have a look at my mirror when I get home now!!
I know exactly what you mean about them taking a brand new car to bits. Hopefully though they will put it back together a bit better than in the factory!!
Stand your ground and make sure everything is exactly as you want it. Get Honda UK involved if need be.
Let us know how you get on anyway.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th May 2010, 16:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi,

Just back from dealer and while I was waiting checked all the new 10 plate civic's and guess what they all had the same issue some were better than mine some were worse I pointed this out to the service manager and he concurred that it was something they had not picked up on he then showed me my car and informed me that they had replaced the rubber door seal and it was better fitted and had not replaced the mirror as as stated every other car was similar he showed me that under the door trim was a space where the pastiche mirror mount was as far back as it could go and that that was the best that they could do I accepted this as it was clear the cars in the yard were mostly similar I guess it is just badly fitted trim which seems to be common in new cars

I did think about a replacement but there is no guarantee that this would not start all over again.

I am now going to enjoy my car and it was christened today with it first stone chip !

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page