Leaks Water under tweeter - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th September 2018, 18:37 Thread Starter
Supporter

Water under tweeter

This has been happened for the past month and not sure where the water is coming from. When its been raining water is forming underneath my passenger side tweeter and when driving the water dribbles down towards the speaker. I've pulled the tweeter off and the water seems to be pooling inside but still not sure how the water is getting into this area.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th September 2018, 18:46
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
First obvious thought is that there is a leak from the door mirror seal. Remove the speaker and then get the garden hose on the outside of the mirror.
Thanks to Das from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th October 2018, 19:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

So I think I know where the water is from now. Was able to see the water dripping in with the tweeter off when I was driving through the heavy rain.

It appears water is going through this hole which can be seen when I pull the door rubber off. Is water meant to be getting underneath this rubber? I might have to seal the hole with some bathroom sealer.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page