Leaks water build up in boot area - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Das

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 27th January 2019, 11:04 Thread Starter

water build up in boot area

Hello everyone,

first let me introduce myself, i am new today, this is my first post,my name is Phil, from sheffield i have a FN2 Type r, and when it has been raining heavy there is a water build up in the compartment below the boot, where normally a spare would sit - i have taken it to honda for assesment(they are also assesing the slight rust build up above the window screen which is apparently common), and they says its coming in from multiple areas?, without them actually advising me where as to try and help me resolve it?, has anyone had such issues and a fast remedy and has cured thier problem?, i have heard reports of the water drain hole in the filler cap is being blocked, but i cannot see no hole? if anyone has an image which would help me check to see if its blocked, some have mentioned it needs a sealant where the water channel is near the back end of the boot lid on either side, as the seam can open up slightly - i have checked this area and this is possible where its coming in from,overall the car is in very good condition, and belive the water issue is new, as i have lifted the carpet and there is no sign of corrosion or rust build up yet. any help much appreciated. Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 27th January 2019, 14:37
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Thanks to Das from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page