ishift error - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2019, 15:41 Thread Starter

ishift error

Afternoon,

I have a 56 plate 1.8 civic ishift, I got it 18 months ago and have never had an issue with it until 2 weeks ago.

First the check oil light came on, no big problem, filled it up with oil and carried on. The next day the ishift warning message came up, it continued to drive with no issues.

The car then didn't start, I could hear the engine trying to turn but no luck, later on it started no problem, the next day it started but wouldn't go into gear, and then later that day it worked again.

I know I should have taken it to a garage at this stage but a combination of time and money not being on my side stopped it from happening.

The next day it wouldn't start. Couldn't even get the engine to turn, later that day the battery went, I called out the RAC to check on the battery and they got it going again and provided me with diagnostic codes, I got;

P19FF - clutch friction co efficient value out of range
P19E6 - clutch temperature too high

Worked perfectly with no error messages for the next 24 hours and then it stopped. Completely.

I've got a new battery for it as the RAC guy noticed that the + connector was too small but that still isn't doing anything.

Can anyone let me know what needs to be fixed on this? I ideally want to know if it's worth fixing before somehow getting it to a garage.

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2019, 16:16
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Post in the iShift thread in the hobbyist section.

He'll know
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2019, 17:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I'm more than likely being thick, where is that section I've gone through the forum headings a few times and cannot see hobbyist

Thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2019, 05:17
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The iShift expert is a bit hidden I agree.

I've added a 'sticky' post at the top of the 8G Engine & Transmission section with a link.

Given the number of iShift issues recently it should help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2019, 08:55
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,143 Times in 3,839 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page