Trim Hand Brake Trim? - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul Hewitt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th February 2019, 17:49 Thread Starter

Garage
Hand Brake Trim?

Is this a common issue? I got into my car the other day and noticed that my hand brake lever had cracked into three pieces. Wondering how easy this is to replace?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 15:35

Yes mine done it on my 09 Civic type s gt ..... I was gonna by a new one from cox motorsport..... £97 ..... but as was making cabin all a bit red type r ..... I decided to by a leather handbrake gaitor !!! That slides over right as anything !! And now wouldn’t know it was cracked in half !!! I was gonna buy a leather gaitor anyway !!! So I’ve saved £97 ..... Italian leather black and red .. I bought from cs customs I think was there name !! Do all leather for all cars etc etc !! They start on sites from £20 in leather ... mine was £39
michael.ek.mills likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2019, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hewitt View Post
Yes mine done it on my 09 Civic type s gt ..... I was gonna by a new one from cox motorsport..... £97 ..... but as was making cabin all a bit red type r ..... I decided to by a leather handbrake gaitor !!! That slides over right as anything !! And now wouldn’t know it was cracked in half !!! I was gonna buy a leather gaitor anyway !!! So I’ve saved £97 ..... Italian leather black and red .. I bought from cs customs I think was there name !! Do all leather for all cars etc etc !! They start on sites from £20 in leather ... mine was £39
Got any links for the leather gaitor?

Sent from my Letv X500 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2019, 20:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hewitt View Post
I ended up buying the handbrake trim off of a car that was being broken for like £20. Just need to find the time to fit it now, but that's not a bad idea either!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page