Leaks Water leaking in through boot - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By dkkirk2016
  • 1 Post By enesoz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 13:12 Thread Starter

Water leaking in through boot

Hi All,

I opened my boot the other day after a night of light rain to my surprise water began to enter the boot. I have attached a video to this post that represents the same issue I am having:

The region where the water is coming from is the same as what is shown in the video just not as extreme. I am guessing one of the seals needs replacing. What seal would I need to replace (is it an easy fix for a novice) any tutorials/ walk troughs?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 16:41
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Looks like its leaking from between the rear screen and the lower upright perspex panel. I believe these parts are bonded, so other than stripping out the plastics on the back of the boot and seeing if you can find the leak and filling it full of silicone your best bet would be sourcing another boot lid in the same colour and just swapping it over.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 00:00

Car: 2007 1.8se vtec i 5 door gal
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das View Post
Looks like its leaking from between the rear screen and the lower upright perspex panel. I believe these parts are bonded, so other than stripping out the plastics on the back of the boot and seeing if you can find the leak and filling it full of silicone your best bet would be sourcing another boot lid in the same colour and just swapping it over.
Just as das said don't even bother siliconing imoa get another boot there far cheaper I paid 50 for a second hand one u can pump as much silicone in there as you want if water wants to get in it will get in . I spend total 20 on different silicone in the end got told just buy a second hand tail gate (stop waisting your time) which I don't have personally. All good now no leaks fingers and legs crossed

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Das likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 00:14

Car: 2007 1.8se vtec i 5 door gal
Eco display
It's dead easy to remove too NO need to remove the whole boot interior either I used these tools . Take off the parcel shelf , 12 or 13mm socket for seat belt take the body weather strip off slightly on both body door seals, take the boot weather strip off slightly too drop the roof felt lining slightly (allows slightly play ) to remove it from the c pillars gentle pri it away from the body work the top part will have slight upward arms about 20-30mm long pull them away secondly but firstly pull the back part away where the boot part is 'pop riverts' same just below the seat belts too then theres enough room to gently pull the plastic panel away and whala you reveal the tailgate plugs ow and the Arial antenna aswell clean and slight sand that after you have removed it from the body work (improves signal big time) same with the other side one click push and pull up then that's the plugs removed tailgate .. just pop the struts away with the pribar that's what I did anyway people have different ways I started this job at 515pm sun was setting quick and dinner was getting served lol . Unbolt your tailgate and done . Reverse order now start to finish 1hr not even that tbh .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332214451864

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 13:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks @dkkirk2016 @Das massive help. Like suggested I think I'll just get a replacement boot lid. I can see you went crazy with the silicone as well which was my initial idea
dkkirk2016 likes this.
Thanks to enesoz from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Tags
boot , seal , trunk , water leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page