Noise from centre console area when turning on - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th March 2019, 02:22 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 type S , royal blue
Hi all , ignore title , when I turn left or right I’m getting a grinding noise coming from the centre console area , if I put my hand on centre console I can feel it vibrate when turning so defo coming from that area , it’s nothing inside the car so I’m guessing underneath ... any ideas ?

Last edited by celtsof67; 29th March 2019 at 02:37. Reason: Wrong title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 1st April 2019, 17:32
Supporter

Garage
Steering universal joint possibly? The steering column goes through the joint and dives off towards the centre of the car so the column itself is closer to the console than you may think. Is the column catching on something where it passes through the bulkhead?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2019, 10:30 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 type S , royal blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Steering universal joint possibly? The steering column goes through the joint and dives off towards the centre of the car so the column itself is closer to the console than you may think. Is the column catching on something where it passes through the bulkhead?

Not sure bud , it’s more loud on roundabouts or if you give it a sharp little turn , it also very noticeable turning left but only a faint noise turning right . I can’t see anything underneath due to the plastic tray covering everything

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2019, 19:32
Supporter

Garage
Also power steering is electric, so could it be a noisy motor?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page