Other Mk8 Wiper motor and assembly removal - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10th April 2019, 13:10 Thread Starter

Mk8 Wiper motor and assembly removal

Hi guys. This is my first post on the site, but I have been reading up on a few things about my Mk8 Civic and I want to start by thanking you all for the wealth of knowledge on here!

I have what appears to be a very common issue with my 2006 1.8 V-tec, the wipers continuing to run after you tell them to stop, and then when they eventually do stop, they stop anywhere on the screen.

I read through the long post on how to fix this issue (cleaning the cogs and sensor inside the motor), and had a go at it. I got the wiper arms off, all the plastic coverings, the heat shield and all the bolts off the linkage. But I got stuck at the final hurdle, a weird connection at the bottom of the assembly pretty much directly under the motor, connected to the body of the car. It was holding the whole assembly in, but it is not a standard 10mm bolt like every other one. I could only just get a hand under it to feel what it was (can't see it) and it felt like a flat disc of metal (or plastic?). Sadly I forgot to take a picture, but I have found a picture of the linkage and I THINK it was the bit circled in red here: - can't post pictures/links yet

Does anyone know what this is and how to remove it? I got so close but then had to put it all back together again with no result. Or if anyone had any trouble with any bit of the linkage connected to the body of the car that wasn't a bolt! As there can only be one thing

Thanks in advance!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page