2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

iPhone and Bluetooth issue - poor quality

Other 
929 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JayS 
#1 ·
Hi,

I’m new to the forum and in desperation I’m looking for some help or advice about an issue I have with my civic.

I bought my car in nov 2018. It’s a 65 plate 1.6 idtec sport. Love the car to bits. Great on fuel, loads of gadgets. Couldn’t ask for more, except I’m having an issue with the hands free system.

When I make a call, I can hear the other person but they can barely hear me. I often get told that they only hear every other word. This happens intermittently and I’ve noticed it tends to be when I’m accelerating. When the car is stationary it’s fine.

I’ve battled it out with Honda for almost 4 months and they have replaced the head unit, checked with other phones and have never found a fault. Recently, I stormed my local dealer and I tested my phone in an identical civic with the same result. On the one hand, the dealer was able to hear what a call sounds like and can understand my frustration, but said there is nothing more they can do. However, I have since been seeking advice from apple (my phone is an iPhone XS Max). They ensured my software was up to date, completed a hard reset and restore and also gave me an appointment at my local apple store to check the hardware of the phone. Everything checks out.

So I’m stuck between apple and Honda, with a car that won’t allow me to make calls of a reasonably quality through the hands free. Honda are saying it’s the phone, apple are saying it’s the car. I need the hands free to work because I travel a lot with my job and need to be able to take calls. I’ve searched forums and googled all sorts, but no one else seems to have had a similar issue.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or advice about what I could try next, that would be awesome!

J

See less See more
#4 ·
Who, me? No. OP has a problem with his iPhone, so I facetiously suggested that he got an Android based phone. And added a >:)
In my book, it's just called unnecessary unhelpful banter, but I just couldn't resist it.
I'll get me coat.

AH! I see it all now. Post was addressed at OP. He now has two identical posts. One in 8G another in 9G.

#5 ·
Sorry guys, totally my bad. I’ve never used a forum before. I had hoped that I could’ve sorted this with Honda and apple, but they’re having none of it. I have posted in the wrong section. Didn’t notice the 8G and 9G. I’ve copied the post into the right section now so hopefully I can find some help. Seriously tempted to get an android btw. But I have an iPhone, iPad, iMac and Apple TV. It’s going to be a pain to replace everything (although, I’ve already dual booted my MacBook with windows!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.