Other iPhone and Bluetooth issue - poor quality - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 13th April 2019, 17:12 Thread Starter

iPhone and Bluetooth issue - poor quality

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and in desperation I’m looking for some help or advice about an issue I have with my civic.

I bought my car in nov 2018. It’s a 65 plate 1.6 idtec sport. Love the car to bits. Great on fuel, loads of gadgets. Couldn’t ask for more, except I’m having an issue with the hands free system.

When I make a call, I can hear the other person but they can barely hear me. I often get told that they only hear every other word. This happens intermittently and I’ve noticed it tends to be when I’m accelerating. When the car is stationary it’s fine.

I’ve battled it out with Honda for almost 4 months and they have replaced the head unit, checked with other phones and have never found a fault. Recently, I stormed my local dealer and I tested my phone in an identical civic with the same result. On the one hand, the dealer was able to hear what a call sounds like and can understand my frustration, but said there is nothing more they can do. However, I have since been seeking advice from apple (my phone is an iPhone XS Max). They ensured my software was up to date, completed a hard reset and restore and also gave me an appointment at my local apple store to check the hardware of the phone. Everything checks out.

So I’m stuck between apple and Honda, with a car that won’t allow me to make calls of a reasonably quality through the hands free. Honda are saying it’s the phone, apple are saying it’s the car. I need the hands free to work because I travel a lot with my job and need to be able to take calls. I’ve searched forums and googled all sorts, but no one else seems to have had a similar issue.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or advice about what I could try next, that would be awesome!

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 13th April 2019, 23:20
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Yeah. Get an Android phone for in the car. (seriously) Or just get an Android phone period. Unless, of course, you are a died in the wood Apple fanboy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 13th April 2019, 23:29

Looks like you posted in the wrong forum section??

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 14th April 2019, 08:03
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Who, me? No. OP has a problem with his iPhone, so I facetiously suggested that he got an Android based phone. And added a
In my book, it's just called unnecessary unhelpful banter, but I just couldn't resist it.
I'll get me coat.

AH! I see it all now. Post was addressed at OP. He now has two identical posts. One in 8G another in 9G.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 14th April 2019, 16:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sorry guys, totally my bad. I’ve never used a forum before. I had hoped that I could’ve sorted this with Honda and apple, but they’re having none of it. I have posted in the wrong section. Didn’t notice the 8G and 9G. I’ve copied the post into the right section now so hopefully I can find some help. Seriously tempted to get an android btw. But I have an iPhone, iPad, iMac and Apple TV. It’s going to be a pain to replace everything (although, I’ve already dual booted my MacBook with windows!)

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page