2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Clock reset and won't start

Other 
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cavalrystu 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I was changing my brake lights yesterday and it's either a coincidence or I've done something wrong (but what can you do wrong with changing bulbs?), anyway, yesterday everything was working fine, but this morning I've tried to start my car and it won't start. Seems to me that the clock has reset as well, it was showing 1:00 at about 6:20 in the morning (something got reset?!), dashboard lights up ok, aircon and radio works fine, but the car won't start. You turn the key twice, press the start button as you'd normally do and it seems like it's trying to start the car, but it sounds like it doesn't get enough power to do so. With each try to start the car, it lacks more power. First time when I tried to start it - it was trying really hard, second time a little bit less and fifth time it was almost dead.

I have got - Honda Civic 2.2 diesel Type S 2009. I do not know how old the battery is as I just bought car a month ago. I've heard that the battery don't last long on these Civic's. Called RAC and they said that they'll come and test it to see what's up with it.

What you people think can be wrong with it?

#3 ·
Still waiting for RAC. Tried once more to start the car - now I get "Check system", "VSA", "ABS" and all what follows it, also my MPG got reset, so did the clock once again, car won't even try to start anymore, all it makes is a clicking sound if you hold Start button for longer than 2-3 seconds. Dashboard, radio, climate control works fine, no issues, but won't start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.