AC/Heater Rattling / Griding on hot days - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th May 2019, 08:00 Thread Starter

Rattling / Griding on hot days

Hi All,

I just had my compressor changed (650) on my 60 plate as my old one failed for some reason and now on a hot day, about 20 outside when I really need the aircon to kick in at max, I get a rattling/grinding noise from the bottom of the engine bay on the driver side and I can also feel drag on the engine. Turn the A/C off and it all goes away.

This only happens during hot days ... when its about 10 outside it works fine. Relay is fine and system is gassed up. The compressor is new one so not expecting part failure on that. Any ideas?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th May 2019, 08:23
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
As you have 'just had your compressor changed', and assuming that you didn't have the noise before you had it changed, I would be hot footing it back to whoever changed it for them to sort.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th May 2019, 08:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Its going back in trust me. But it's the fact its only doing it when it's hot outside and I don't want them to say it's fine because its cold outside when they test it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th May 2019, 09:15
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Grab a recording of the symptoms; Take that along with you should there be any quibble.

Occurring when warm might suggest that AC is being used by the climate control - I'd suggest that to evidence the issue you set the AC to "LO", and ensure that AC is set to on.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page