2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Mk8 civic ABS/VSA fauly

Computer 
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  o55ie18 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is where to post this, My 2008 civic ex 1.8 has the abs/vsa warning lights on all the time. I have scanned it and first time it said front rh side abs sensor oc, replaced, no difference, scanned again, said front rh abs sensor oc, also yaw sensor fault, so replaced that, cleared faults, still no change, any ideas, thanks in advance, scanned again only says front rh abs sensor fault now

#2 ·
I had this happen a few months back...I took it to a local garage who specialize in Honda's. I bought my replacement sensor off Ebay and took it to the garage and just asked them to replace it...they did and the sensor didn't work...so being they specialize in Honda's they stocked sensors and replaced it with there's and it worked code and abs/vsa light gone. So maybe your replacement sensor is not up to scratch?

#4 ·
Agree with the gents above. Had mine replaced 2 months ago and was advised by the mechanic not to get an eBay one.
I told him I wasn’t gonna source the part myself anyway as i would prefer him to.

Fitted the genuine part and all worked ok.
Nice of him to suggest I can source the parts myself if I wanted to save money but, it wasn’t expensive anyway

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.