AC/Heater A/C Cold Air Stopped - Multiple Checks Done - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th August 2019, 17:36 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 Type S GT, Milano
A/C Cold Air Stopped - Multiple Checks Done

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well. Not been on here for a long time as we had a new addition to the family, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The A/C has suddenly stopped blowing cold air in my MK8 Civic and this isn't ideal with a young child on a hot day, as you can imagine.

Like other posters on here I have checked multiple threads on A/C issues and tried everything mentioned but to no avail.

In no particular order:
  • I checked and replaced the under-hood relay - Original was rattling. Replaced it with the Mitsuba version
  • I've checked all fuses (engine/interior) - All are ok
  • The compressor does kick in when the A/C is turned on and engine running
  • I had an air con check earlier in the year and the levels were noted as fine so left it until end of June, before just having it emptied and re-gassed to make sure that wasn't related to the issue
  • I've just gone and had the pressures checked again today and all are fine, so doesn't seem to be any leaks

The only thing I have noticed is one of the pipes linked to the A/C underneath the hood is not getting as cold as it should do when the A/C is turned on.

Is there any chance it could be air filter related due to build up of dust and rubbish from the road? The car is going in tomorrow for a full service, so all filters will be changed over.

I just wanted to see if any other ideas before I drop it off and potentially get quoted something ridiculous for something that could be so simple to fix myself.

Any new ideas are greatly appreciated and apologies for a query which has been asked countless times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th August 2019, 20:02

On mine the air con would work briefly when the car was started, and would then cut out. Removed a shim from the compressor clutch pulley and all fixed There are other threads about it on here.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 20:33 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2009 2.2 Type S GT, Milano
Update: after the service today the AC seems to be working as it should again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st August 2019, 09:00
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Ask what they did to it?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page