Hope you're all well. Not been on here for a long time as we had a new addition to the family, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
The A/C has suddenly stopped blowing cold air in my MK8 Civic and this isn't ideal with a young child on a hot day, as you can imagine.
Like other posters on here I have checked multiple threads on A/C issues and tried everything mentioned but to no avail.
In no particular order:
- I checked and replaced the under-hood relay - Original was rattling. Replaced it with the Mitsuba version
- I've checked all fuses (engine/interior) - All are ok
- The compressor does kick in when the A/C is turned on and engine running
- I had an air con check earlier in the year and the levels were noted as fine so left it until end of June, before just having it emptied and re-gassed to make sure that wasn't related to the issue
- I've just gone and had the pressures checked again today and all are fine, so doesn't seem to be any leaks
The only thing I have noticed is one of the pipes linked to the A/C underneath the hood is not getting as cold as it should do when the A/C is turned on.
Is there any chance it could be air filter related due to build up of dust and rubbish from the road? The car is going in tomorrow for a full service, so all filters will be changed over.
I just wanted to see if any other ideas before I drop it off and potentially get quoted something ridiculous for something that could be so simple to fix myself.
Any new ideas are greatly appreciated and apologies for a query which has been asked countless times.