2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Water in the boot

Leaks 
140K views 183 replies 67 participants last post by  Rich32G 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I recently just noticed the hidden lower section of the boot carpet was wet
so i removed the carpet and there was water in the bottom.

i dried out the carpet placed it back in and this morning after a few days of rain its wet again, but only on the right side of the boot,i will include a picture below.

can anyone tell me where the water could of come in from so i can check the areas for holes or damaged seals

thanks

See less See more
#13 ·
The RHS of my rear plastic window feels looser than the LHS and I can see a gap where it letting rain into the tailgate. Stripped of all the interior trim tonight, but will have to wait for it to be dry to remove the light cluster and dry it out and try to see why it is loose. Pretty sure I have some black Sikasil somewhere - not spending any money on this so will just fill all the gaps.

#17 ·
I have the exact same problem. Although Honda Customer Services just informed me that as they have had no product recalls and the fact it is not recognised by Honda UK they refuse to believe this is a 'common' manufacturing fault. I have been told by my local dealer I need to pay a one off fee to diagnose of £54 but if it is a glazing issue I will have to take it and pay * be the repair myself as they don't have glaziers on site and I will have to pay as its out of warranty. My argument, if it is the seal, they should pay, whether its in warranty or not. Looks like I am going back to Autoglass to reseal for £120. I'll sell and wont be buying a Honda again!

#18 · (Edited)
Honda do have this as a recognised problem and there is a Honda report about it.

I currently have the problem, and I'm into my last week of 'Honda Happiness'.

Currently Honda are refusing to fix it under warranty because they say that extended warranties do not cover water ingress to the vehicle!

Is that just b-s excuse to fob me off?

Haha, Honda just quoted £740 FOR THE REPAIR!

#22 ·
The rubber strip that sits between the glass and perspex spoiler does not stop water from entering the interior. The strip is more of a gap filler. The perspex spoiler is siliconed to the car the same way the front windscreen is. I had mine replaced on my previous civic and watched them do it. Big job with a few clips that needed replacing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

#24 ·
I'd be really interested to see how you get on with this. I've just noticed a lot of water in the boot, couldn't figure where it had come from as the rest of the boot appeared to be bone dry.

I've got an 07 plate Civic SE. Spoke to the local dealer about this as the car is still under the Honda used car warranty but they said that they don't think that the Honda used car warranty covers water ingress issues....Gave me the number to ring the warranty company to check, I've not had time to do this yet.

On top this on a long journey the other day I had a problem with the blower not blowing any air out, sounded as if it was working but nothing coming through...very odd. I've not managed to recreate this!

I thought Honda was a badge of reliability, still much better than my wife's previous car the Renault Clio!