2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

electric folding mirror fault need help with part no

Electrics 
71K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  stimcity 
#1 ·
Guys,

I recently bought a 57 plate ES. It had a few minor niggles one being a problem with the drivers side mirror won't auto fold.

I clipped the plastic cover off to repair it and I've found the fault to be what looks like some sort of regulator or sensor thats wired inline between the power and motor. Its a small black box about 3cm x 2cm x 2cm that can be disconnected.

I swapped it with the same part on the passenger mirror and hey presto driver mirror now works but passenger doesn't anymore so I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.

Anyone know how to get a hold of a replacement part or have a part no for this?

Thanks

David

#5 ·
#4 ·
Can you take a picture of the part mate? Has it got any writing or numbers on it?

#8 ·
Yeh the price will be very interesting!!

#11 ·
OK rang my dealer today, At first they tried to sell me the complete wing mirror unit saying that you cant get the regulator individually. After telling them you can and being on the phone for a while. He found the part, the part number is: 76215SMGE31, Price was £63 + VAT.

Hope this Helps.

#12 ·
OK rang my dealer today, At first they tried to sell me the complete wing mirror unit saying that you cant get the regulator individually. After telling them you can and being on the phone for a while. He found the part, the part number is: 76215SMGE31, Price was £63 + VAT.

Hope this Helps.
So thats £76 then... rip off!!!!!!!!!! I bet the part costs pennies...

#15 ·
Whats the part that kingkong999 listed then?

Il be happier paying the price you got speedsquirrel!! Can u post up a pic of the part so we can all be sure were talking about the same bit?

Cheers

#25 ·
Same ? as above. This will save me about £100.
I'm not sure if it will fix that problem. I think probably not, try wd40 on it. But the cover just pulls off. It's not exactly secured, just clipped in so is easy enough to get off. There's a small black box as seen in the pics on the previous page which also pops out and disconnect the attached wires.

#29 ·
I called my dealer today and told me the part discussed (76209-SMG-E01) is not present in my car (Honda Civic 2.2 iCDT year 2006); I don't trust him that much since he was surprised my car had electric mirrors. Has someone some sort of experience with this car?
Can someone post some pictures or any info on how to open the mirrors so that I can check if the part is there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.