2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Electric Wing Mirror not folding fully in.

Exterior 
39K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Dazvti 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Have a recent problem with my Driver's side wing mirror which has decided to stop fully coming in when the button is pushed. It will come up less than an inch and stop.

I dont even want to manually push it up as I dont want to damage the motor.

It comes down perfectly however, just not good at inclining. Sometimes it does come up more than an inch, its in a world of its own.

I've done some research, and clearly this could be motor related. However some people have said they replaced the regulator which has corrected it, however, that only worked when the mirror doesnt move at all, so not sure if thats the same fault if mine ups up a little.....?

Anyone had a similar experience, or could help? Dont really want to pay £200+ for a new motor.....

HELP!

Thanks in Advance,

See less See more
#7 ·
I've got this problem too :( any chance of a link to the other threads.

#10 ·
Thanks chaps, I'll try swapping them over first to make sure that's the problem then I'll get one ordered :D

#11 ·
Same prob, will give it ago.

#14 ·
My driver side is the same, doesn't fold up fully most of the time however it fold down ok. I've tried swapping the SOD with a known good and I seem to have the same issue. How easy / cheap is the motor to replace, or could it be the gear? I can find loads of info on the SOD replacement, but not the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.