2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rusty Roof - HONDA RECALL!

Paint 
212K views 1K replies 311 participants last post by  Matic Mohorčič 
#1 ·
Hi

Called into a mates spray paint shop for a quote on colour coding the bumpers on my Type S. He took a look at my roof and said there is a recall on a certain batch of Honda Civic as the windscreen rubber strip cuts the paint.

Off i went to Honda and they said its covered, so a new respray and rubber strip on the roof with a brand new Honda Civic to test drive for a couple of days as a courtesy car.

Below are some pics of my roof in a mess.. ill post some photos of when its all done!

See less See more
#80 ·
My son bought a 57 plate (08) model 1.4SE+ in Vivid Blue about a month ago. When we went in to pick the car up, they told us that the car required a new windscreen as the original was an MOT failure due to the "star" being in the driver's line of site. They had replaced it and when they took the old one out, discovered the corrosion along the edge of the roof. The sales woman said that the service department would be in touch, and they did. They wanted the service book to photocopy, but the book only had the first stamp in, the car having now covered 71k miles. However, the previous owner had been fastidious in her record keeping and had kept every receipt and piece of paper concerning her car. All servicing had been carried out by Arnold Clark Honda in Kirkcaldy. The car is going in on Wednesday for more pictures to get taken and hopefully it will be getting done. Personally, I haven't seen any thing, but as the dealership has found it when removing the windscreen, I'm not going to complain!
I suppose this is also good customer relations from the sales deparment as I have been a long standing customer and they are looking to the future in keeping my son happy.

#680 ·
that was lucky , ive noticed rust on my seal and my heart sank but with good info from you guys i took it to honda on titwood road glasgow and they took pics of it also photo copied my service history which is up to date but not serviced at a honda dealer . when i loocked again at my service history the first 2 services were done by a honda dealer , and the corrotion box has not been ticked by them . my civic is a 56 type r should hear back from honda uk soon:confused:

#82 ·
My car has just gone in this morning , will pick it up on friday
Apart from getting the roof done , I also ask them to sort out 1 little parking ding for £65 ! It make more sense when the car going in and get done at the same time

#85 ·
Got my car back today, very good job and come with lifetime warranty!

#87 ·
I've not had the call saying mine's ready yet. Took it in Saturday and was told work would start on Monday.

I hope I get a call tomorrow. I'm getting sick of the Jazz TBH.

#90 ·
Dealers do rag it, my av mpg was down and my fuel level. It wasn't until my 3rd trip i started writing everything down, my first time it went in (master cylinder) it had just under a full tank and av was 29.? came back with an av of 27 and the fuel was down by more than it should of been, i dropped the car off at closing time and picked it up end of next day. 2nd time i read a "was it you" the same date my car was in the dealer (had it a few days) sounded like mine and could well of been as im pretty sure i have the only champ white in my area, thing is it was spotted in the next county heading back towards the dealer coincidence maybe??, so everytime my car is in i write stuff down and keep a look out on "was it you" on every civic site

#91 ·
Got it back this afternoon. It had done 1 mile, so I'm fine with that. :lol:

Excellent job on the roof too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Soooooo glad to be out of that Jazz! :facepalm:

#93 ·
No before photos. It wasn't that bad, I just wanted to nip it in the bud so to speak.

It's also rained pretty much since I got home. :lol: I see if I can get some over the weekend.

#97 ·
I bought my car from an independant (Not Honda) with a part service history. I took the car in for its 60,000 service last week and didnt even mention the roof. Had the service done and they had also done a corrosion inspection because they mentioned things like stone chips on bonnet etc etc. No mention of the roof and the book has been stamped. So wondering what to do now. Any Ideas. If I get no joy Im gonna go down one of two routes either get the roof wrapped folding the wrapping under the edge of the roof or masking about 3mm in from where the seal ends and very thinly pumping in some silicon or similar.

#100 ·
Sure. I lifted the seal applied an even layer under the length of the seal and wiped off any excess when I rubbed the seal down back in to place.
I now know my windscreen is sealed and water can not get under the seal :)

#102 ·
Following this thread i went out and checked my 2007 civic. There is a small amount of rust showing from under the black strip. It extrudes about 1 / 2mm. I took it up to Honda on Saturday and they have taken pictures to send to Honda UK waaranty department. Hoepfully they will sort the problem just waiting to hear now.

I have only had the car 4 weeks and already had to have a new battery, new wiper motor to stop the blades stopping all over the windowscreen and now this roof.

#104 ·
Just had a call from Honda and my claim has gone through in less than a week. The car is booked into their bodyshop for a few days to treat and repaint the roof and apply a new molded strip.

This is my first experience with Honda Uk and i have to give them the thumbs up for the quick response and service. Although my car was not part of the recall they admitted their was an issue and therefore would sort it immediately.

#105 ·
I took my car in to a dealer in May. They took all the photos and measurements. I then heard nothing. Phoned them and they said "oh - sorry its now top of my todo list". Heard nothing.

Contacted HUK in August who said they'd spoken with the dealer and were assured the claim would be submitted that week. Heard nothing.

I contacted HUK again in October and they said they were trying to force the dealer to submit the claim and would not rest until it was.....

What a shower.

#106 ·
I had to chase up my dealer as it seems the warranty guy only worked about two days a week.

Anyway, got the car back today after three days away, and on initial inspection they've done a great job, although mine had just rubbed a grove into the paint and not started rusting.

I did have a quick sneaky peek under the seal of the courtesy car I had and noticed the gap between the top of the windscreen and roof metal was quite a bit larger than on mine, and no sign of any rubbing.

Si

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.