2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rusty Roof - HONDA RECALL!

Paint 
212K views 1K replies 311 participants last post by  Matic Mohorčič 
#1 ·
Hi

Called into a mates spray paint shop for a quote on colour coding the bumpers on my Type S. He took a look at my roof and said there is a recall on a certain batch of Honda Civic as the windscreen rubber strip cuts the paint.

Off i went to Honda and they said its covered, so a new respray and rubber strip on the roof with a brand new Honda Civic to test drive for a couple of days as a courtesy car.

Below are some pics of my roof in a mess.. ill post some photos of when its all done!

See less See more
#12 ·
Had my 06's roof resprayed by Honda and it was nowhere near as bad as this on.

How have you gone on with this CDTI ?

#13 ·
Its going in on wednesday,their giving me the new civic 2.2 to try out for a couple of days. Ill post photos soon of the roof all done :) i hope there are no issues with paint colour!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
I went out and had a look at mine just now and have noticed that it has started to rust!!! does it matter how old the car is as mines an 2008 and out of warranty

#25 ·
No, the car has a manufacturers warranty.

It does not matter if you have FSH either because its a fault by HONDA.

If you notice rust take it to honda and get them to fix it!!! or you will call " the ferret!" :)

#15 ·
Mine's a 2007, has signs of it but nowhere near as bad as the pictures above.

It's not been serviced at Honda since the first service so I'm not holding out much hope to be honest but I'll take it to Honda sometime soon and see what they say.

#17 ·
had mine done 2 weeks before the extended corrosion warranty ran out, it only had 4 stamps because I have serviced it since I have owned it.

No bother, phone them dropped it off, they photographed my service book. I took my receipts for honda service parts I have used for the just in case but they didnt ask. gave me a jazz and picked it up 1 week later all done with another 1 year warranty for the work.:D

just wish they did the same with the clutches:worms:

#20 ·
If your car doesn't have full service history and had the corrison check each yeah they can get out of doing it under warranty as it states this needs to be done. That's what I got at first but after keep pestering and threatening to go to trading standards they backed down as I brought my car from Honda as a full service history car, but Honda uk didn't like the fact the first service was carried out by ABP and they hadn't done the corrison check.

#22 ·
Haha best get it sorted sooner rather than later as the one on here is really bad and shouldn't have been left to get that bad really. As its a structural part of the car and worse case on his car is it may need a new roof skin so car would never be the same again :(

Mine had just rubbed paint off and got rust colour marks on paint so I got it done straight away and was done free of charge.

#28 ·
#31 ·
I have marked the window seal so I will know if they have replaced it.

I have heard from other users that they only paint the front part as well. I have a stone chip near the rear of the roof so if that is still there they have done a cheap job:rolleyes:

It wants to be perfect or it will be going back:mad:

#33 ·
The seal I have fitted now is alot softer than before and I to had a mark on rear of roof which isn't there now. Mines been done twice as first time they just touched in the bear metal as they said Honda uk wouldn't pay for the work as it didn't have full Honda service history and the annual corrosion check which basically invalidates the paintwork warranty.

Luckily I brought the car from Honda and it was sold to me as a full service history car and after a few complaints they had car back in and painted the full roof.

Make sure you full check it and if you aren't happy or caused damage elsewhere don't accept it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.