2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Heated passenger seat problem - not working

AC/Heater 
7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike N 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to the forum.
I've bought a Black 2.2 Type S a couple of months ago and i've discovered that the passenger seat heating doesn't work.
I've checked the connection and the seat seems to receive electricity, but i don't want to risk disassembling it knowing the errrors and problems that might occur.:worms:
Was anybody else confronted with this issue?
Is there anything else to ckeck?

Thank you.:popcorn:

#2 ·
Never heard of that problem before. Have you checked the fuse? Not sure if the seats are on separate fuses or not.

If that's fine then it must be a loose connection or damaged wiring somewhere. Either that or the heating elements in the seat are simply knackered.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
Heated seats are more or less standard equipment in Sweden.

Is it both seat and back rest that is not working or just the seat?

One thing I have not been able to figure out is if the heat will come on if no one is sitting there.
The heat is by the way not very impressive compared to german cars.

#8 ·
I think the heated seats were standard for this trim level. (along with folding mirrors, parking sensors, etc)
Yes, I have checked the fuse. Only the passenger's seat (right ;)) heating doesn't work.
From what I have seen, the heat comes only from the back rest, not the whole seat...
Is this the way it's supposed to be? Can somebody that hase heated seat tell me the way it should work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.