2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

DVD and general questions

Music 
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jazzman 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am awaiting delivery of my 2.2 EX and have questions i need answered, first off, is i ve read that you can fold the door mirrors in by a switch, however i had a hire Civic ES i think last week and could nt find the switch, is this true and if so how do you do it?? I m looking at getting mine to fold in when the doors lock, via a timed relay and will do a manual if i get this to work.... Also, the DVD sat nav, doesnt play DVD's so i have found a product others may be intrested in for £130 quid.. its a small DVD player which can play music, has a Flash card for pics and so forth, visit http://www.patelecom.co.uk/honda.htm for more info.

With regards to the loom for the DVD doesn anyone have experience of fitting these, or has anyone played with this??

Again looking for info, as i m dying to rip my car apart and get these two things working.

#2 ·
I can answer the first bit! :D

EX does indeed have folding mirrors (at least, mine does, and I don't recall adding them as an option...)

It does work from a switch - on the drivers door, near the electric window buttons.

Getting to work from a timer (or indeed whatever!) would be good - it's a PITA cos currently (no pun intended!) you need to have the ignition turned on... :(

Welcome aboard by the way :D

#3 ·
I think it's only the EX that has the electric mirrors - the switch is a latching pushbutton by the mirror control on the door panel.

What's the product on your site - pic seems to be missing?

EDIT Written at the same time as TT above!

#7 ·
Hi
Just as a point of interest my ES has folding mirrors as standard but I wish they worked the same as the Citroen C4 Picasso which fold automatically when you lock the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.