• 1 Post By Red Dwarf

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th July 2018, 10:11 Thread Starter
Wizard

Car: 2016, 1.6 i-DTEC SR, Silver
Eco display
Question Intermittent issue with FM/DAB on Connect

Hi guys,

Just to ask a question - has anyone with Connect Navi experienced issues with DAB/FM - where it refuses to work from time to time (DAB Link Searching / White noise on FM) and from time to time on DAB, aliens sounds when switching stations?

I have noticed the shroud on the shark fin antenna is ever so slightly loose - has that got anything to do with it by any chance?

If this is a known issue - will raise it when Im in for a service in 2 weeks - get it sorted.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26th July 2018, 12:54

Car: 2015 1.6 SE Plus (facelift)
Hi Bartekk,

Mine is slightly loose as well but doesn't seem to affect anything so hopefully that rules that part out for you

I dont have many issues with the DAB, so much so i just don't use FM. The ony time i ever experience any issues is if i go down into a valley like i did in Cheltenham yesterday but even then simply using the steering controls to switch up to the next favourite station and then back down it seems to come back on pretty quickly

I did get mine upgraded to the latest firmware revision a couple of weeks back and everything seems a lot snappier and bluetooth calls are now much better also.
Bartekkk likes this.
Old 26th July 2018, 13:09 Thread Starter
Wizard
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighton View Post
Hi Bartekk,

Mine is slightly loose as well but doesn't seem to affect anything so hopefully that rules that part out for you

I dont have many issues with the DAB, so much so i just don't use FM. The ony time i ever experience any issues is if i go down into a valley like i did in Cheltenham yesterday but even then simply using the steering controls to switch up to the next favourite station and then back down it seems to come back on pretty quickly

I did get mine upgraded to the latest firmware revision a couple of weeks back and everything seems a lot snappier and bluetooth calls are now much better also.
Hi sleighton,

I'm already on the RC8 - it made everything work better

It happens all around, doesn't matter the temp/humidity/rain etc...
Driving around Cheltenham/Gloucester I never loose radio.

This started happening about a month or so ago, its extremely difficult to reproduce as it so random.
Even on the day happens, its impossible to reproduce - so in this way I doubt Honda would be able to find the issue lol

Old 26th July 2018, 13:43
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Probably best to have Honda investigate, given the loose shark fin.

I believe there are some functions (Self test, RSSI Levels) in the diagnostic mode for the DAB / FM etc antennas, but unless you're a radio ham, I doubt they would be of much use for anything other than confirming that there is a problem.
Bartekkk likes this.
Old 26th July 2018, 23:11 Thread Starter
Wizard
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Probably best to have Honda investigate, given the loose shark fin.

I believe there are some functions (Self test, RSSI Levels) in the diagnostic mode for the DAB / FM etc antennas, but unless you're a radio ham, I doubt they would be of much use for anything other than confirming that there is a problem.
Will have to give it to Honda to investigate.
Went through the diagnostics menu, signal good on both Fm and Dab, tapped the antenna, headliner, around the unit itself - drove over a number of bumps, no matter what I tried to do didn't affect the radio.
Almost seems like a software issue, rather than hardware?
Old 7th August 2018, 15:18 Thread Starter
Wizard
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartekkk View Post
Will have to give it to Honda to investigate.
Went through the diagnostics menu, signal good on both Fm and Dab, tapped the antenna, headliner, around the unit itself - drove over a number of bumps, no matter what I tried to do didn't affect the radio.
Almost seems like a software issue, rather than hardware?
Just as an update - Honda couldn't identify any issues.
Old 8th August 2018, 19:40
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Drop DAB/Radio and go for podcasts. I couldn't set a radio program if you paid me, its got what dealer set up and thats that. The only time I sometimes use it is if a race is on and I try to listen to see if someone is making Hamilton sulk by beating him.
Bartekkk likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Bugs, faults and irritations (9G)

Tags
connect , dab , noise , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in