1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimJim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 19th January 2019, 12:08 Thread Starter
JimJim

Car: 2015 Civic Tourer SR Diesel
Tpms

Hi

I have a 2015 civic tourer SR diesel and the TPMS warning light came on. I have re-inflated all tyres as suggested by the manual and followed the instructions to re-calibrate. Therein lies the problem, the manual says press MENU then + or - to get Customise Settings and press Source. This I did but the next screen should be Deflation Warning System but my menu does not have this function. In the manual it appears above Display Settings which does appear as the 1st function but scrolling up and down does not produce it. Does my car not have this function or is there some other way of recalibrating. Notice in one of the streams it suggests holding down the "i" button but this did not work either.

Any help gratefully received more so as I will be changing both back wheels in about a month and will have to re-calibrate again.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 19th January 2019, 12:21
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,428 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Just make sure the handbrake is on.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2019, 11:42 Thread Starter
JimJim
** Thread starter **

Cheers but that is what the manual says as well and I did engage handbrake and select Neutral before using the Menu I have even tried several times this morning with the same result. The problem is that going thru the MENU to the CUSTOMISE SETTINGS screen and entering I should be able to get the DEFLATION WARNING SYSTEM function so that I can re-calibrate but that function is not coming up so there must be some other way of doing it. Car is 4 years old so it must have been calibrated at some point but I cannot find a screen/function to do it.

Thanks again for he quick response,

Jim

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2019, 12:38

Car: 2016 1.6 i-DTEC SR Hatch
You're in the right place...just tried it on mine.

Strange thing is the first time I looked I could've sworn it wasn't there.

Started the engine and then I found it.
I also realised though that I had scrolled UP in the submenu and not just down. It seems to default to the last thing I played with (Trip Computer) which in in the middle of all the options.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2019, 11:06 Thread Starter
JimJim
** Thread starter **

Cheers Mike
Followed the manual blindly - handbrake on, neutral, ignition to switch 1 - if you do this you do NOT get the Deflation Function but if you start the engine it appears.

All sorted so thanks to you and Kremmen

Jim
Kremmen likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2019, 17:20
Supporter

Car: 2012 2.2 I-Dtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
Cheers Mike
Followed the manual blindly - handbrake on, neutral, ignition to switch 1 - if you do this you do NOT get the Deflation Function but if you start the engine it appears.

All sorted so thanks to you and Kremmen

Jim
I was just about to say make sure your engine is not running, as mine works as long as it isn't running, although I don't remember if I set the ignition to I or II

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Bugs, faults and irritations (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page