Dealers What a difference a dealership makes !! - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 20:49 Thread Starter
Definately Female!
 
Topcat's Avatar
 
Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Join Date: 11th May 2006
Location: Middlesex ENGLAND
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 71
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Talking What a difference a dealership makes !!

I took my Civic in to the Ruislip dealership today, they tried to polish out my scratches for me (free of charge) it made them look a bit better but they are still visible, they said they could mix some touch up paint for me but didn't recommend it as they think the scratches are too long and deep and it will end up looking worse. So they gave me a quote for a respray on 3 doors, a wing and the bonnet it was 1020 CHEAPER than the quote given to me by my own dealership

I knocked my o/s door mirror months ago and took some paint of it, my dealership said they would smart repair it, Ruislip said a smart repair would cost too much and wouldn't look good so they ordered me a new casing 21 + VAT fitting free of charge!!

They also replaced my number plates that my own dealership had ruined again free of charge

Ruislip Rock
Topcat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 20:58
Fallen Angel
 
sarahjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16th October 2006
Location: Cheshire ENGLAND
Posts: 1,229
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to sarahjo Send a message via Skype™ to sarahjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
I took my Civic in to the Ruislip dealership today, they tried to polish out my scratches for me (free of charge) it made them look a bit better but they are still visible, they said they could mix some touch up paint for me but didn't recommend it as they think the scratches are too long and deep and it will end up looking worse. So they gave me a quote for a respray on 3 doors, a wing and the bonnet it was 1020 CHEAPER than the quote given to me by my own dealership

I knocked my o/s door mirror months ago and took some paint of it, my dealership said they would smart repair it, Ruislip said a smart repair would cost too much and wouldn't look good so they ordered me a new casing 21 + VAT fitting free of charge!!

They also replaced my number plates that my own dealership had ruined again free of charge

Ruislip Rock

Oh a I am so pleased for you TC........you have had so much crap with your car...maybe a bit of the old xmas spirit has slipped into the guys at Honda Ruislip
sarahjo is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 21:23
Administrator
 
Pottsy's Avatar
 
Car: Jag XF 3.0
Join Date: 10th April 2006
Location: Leics ENGLAND
Posts: 12,496
Thanks: 127
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
TC - I don't know why more dealers don't behave like this. If they continue to be helpful, they'll get lots of business from you and the people you recommend them to.

Other, crappier dealers reading this, take note. The job is a bit more than making the sale, taking the , and keeping the owner away until part-ex time. Because that owner won't come back, and you've missed a sale.
Pottsy is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 21:32
Onto my second Civic
 
JB75's Avatar
 
Car: 2009 Milano Red CTR GT
Join Date: 18th August 2006
Location: West Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 469
Thanks: 13
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Wow! Now *that's* customer service!

It's heartening to know there are still some people who seem to understand where their wage comes from; and that happy punters generate business.

Good for you TC
JB75 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 21:59
 
Andrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22nd July 2006
Location: Lynemouth, Northumberland ENGLAND
Posts: 421
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to Andrea Send a message via Yahoo to Andrea
Good news, its nice to hear you pleased about something
Andrea is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th December 2006, 23:20
Supporter
 
Fedorov's Avatar
 
Car: 2016 1.6 Diesel, Sporty Blue
Join Date: 15th April 2006
Posts: 785
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Nice to hear TopCat. I'm hoping my local Devries Honda have done a good job when I get mine back tomorrow (thursday), they've had it 4 days, they think they've sorted the rattles, replaced my n/s wingmirror due to motor problems, hft microphone foam fix (I hope). Photos of the paint knocked off by the rear indicator plastic are being sent to Honda I'm told to get a solution to the plastic rather than just touch up the paint and it happen again.
Synchros replaced in my gearbox to hopefully improve 2nd to 3rd gear change...
Not sure on the status of my rear creak yet, will know more tomorrow!!!
Fedorov is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th December 2006, 03:41
King of the rodeo
 
czechplastik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24th October 2006
Location: Belfast IE
Posts: 4,815
Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
TC - I don't know why more dealers don't behave like this. If they continue to be helpful, they'll get lots of business from you and the people you recommend them to.

Other, crappier dealers reading this, take note. The job is a bit more than making the sale, taking the , and keeping the owner away until part-ex time. Because that owner won't come back, and you've missed a sale.
Well said Pottsy! If more dealers would take leaves out of Ruislips book we'd be much happier customers!
czechplastik is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th December 2006, 19:33
 
Charley Farley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25th September 2006
Location: Greenford West London
Posts: 531
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hi Topcat

Ruislip is not far from me (Greenford). I'll bear your experience in mind. I'm still getting to know Chiswick Honda. They seem o.k so far.
Charley Farley is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th December 2006, 20:47
 
Join Date: 1st October 2006
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hi all, my local dealer is Chiswick Honda who are very good, but they hadn't heard about the fuel cap Dealer fix. I took mine in about 4 weeks ago and all they did was spray on some WD40!

Who was your local dealer before you went to Ruislip?
JPDirect is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th December 2006, 23:34 Thread Starter
Definately Female!
** Thread starter **
 
Topcat's Avatar
 
Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Join Date: 11th May 2006
Location: Middlesex ENGLAND
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 71
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Farley View Post
Hi Topcat

Ruislip is not far from me (Greenford). I'll bear your experience in mind. I'm still getting to know Chiswick Honda. They seem o.k so far.
Oh small world - I grew up in Greenford
Topcat is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th December 2006, 23:35
 
Join Date: 1st October 2006
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Topcat,

Just wondering, who was your local dealership before Ruislip?
JPDirect is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th December 2006, 00:06 Thread Starter
Definately Female!
** Thread starter **
 
Topcat's Avatar
 
Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Join Date: 11th May 2006
Location: Middlesex ENGLAND
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 71
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDirect View Post
Topcat,

Just wondering, who was your local dealership before Ruislip?
I would rather not say for personal reasons

But if you are not happy with the service you receive at Chiswick at any time, bear Ruislip in mind

I know quite a few people who have purchased cars from Ruislip over the years and they think its great but no doubt there will be someone who doesn't agree, so I guess the key is to find the one that makes you happy and stick with them.
Topcat is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th December 2006, 09:34
 
elfa7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 8th May 2006
Location: Cheshire ENGLAND
Posts: 1,712
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Well done Topcat. I'm glad your feeling happier now.

And well done Honda Ruislip.
elfa7 is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th December 2006, 09:47
Cad
estranged
 
Cad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 5th June 2006
Location: Upstairs GB
Posts: 391
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Very glad to hear you've found a 'good un' Topcat. Let's hope it's the start of a beautiful relationship!
Cad is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 16th December 2006, 17:24
Supporter
 
Join Date: 5th October 2006
Posts: 525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I've heard extremely good things about Ruislip Honda, too, Topcat. Specially on the service side. I might even give 'em a try when the time comes. Why not show them this thread and hope it encourages them to keep it up? But if they don't, DON'T LET ANYONE STOP YOU MOANING!
Honcho is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 16th December 2006, 17:38 Thread Starter
Definately Female!
** Thread starter **
 
Topcat's Avatar
 
Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Join Date: 11th May 2006
Location: Middlesex ENGLAND
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 71
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
I've heard extremely good things about Ruislip Honda, too, Topcat. Specially on the service side. I might even give 'em a try when the time comes. Why not show them this thread and hope it encourages them to keep it up? But if they don't, DON'T LET ANYONE STOP YOU MOANING!
thanks Honcho - I wont!
Topcat is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > All Civics > Buying, Dealers and Servicing

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel Diesel Difference DerekR Engines and Transmission (8G) 4 2nd August 2007 18:23
Which spec Much difference in the Sport to the EX model? gadge Buying, Dealers and Servicing 12 7th June 2007 16:50
What a difference a week makes! Maxbert General Discussion (8G) 21 18th April 2007 16:00
Difference between 2.2EX & 2.2EX SR ? Moley RUFC General Discussion (8G) 6 4th September 2006 09:08
Makes 200! Maldax General Discussion (8G) 9 31st July 2006 03:23

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome